Vice President at Meyrahkee Advisors
Views:388 Applications:79 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Head - Sales - General Trade - Agriculture (8-12 yrs)
About the Company :
Agriculture is a very unorganized sector and within it the farmer side of the platform is even more unorganized. Farmers deal with the local mandis or local aggregators to market their produce and face a lack of transparency and financial stability due to this. Clover intends to use technology to remove this asymmetry of information access to make the marketing of produce more remunerative.
Further the transportation and handling of produce is not optimal and this leads to gaps in both quality and quantity as there are multiple intermediaries who dont always coordinate. Any player who looks to organize this sector will need a detailed view into the supply chain with information seamlessly passing through it to make the predictability better. This problem becomes more acute when the commodities in the supply chain are perishable - the delays cause the value of the produce to fall dramatically. Technology needs to be used to make this information in the supply chain more visible from farm to end consumer.
Additionally the source and quality of the produce varies across multiple producers and the traceability of who has grown it and how it has been grown is important. Think of quality of inputs, pesticides, water usage, handling etc as important parameters that determine the quality of the produce. This information needs to be captured and transmitted to the consumer so that trust can be built in the quality of the produce which follows international standards
The three main parts of the tech stack are:
The back end farmer app which digitizes all farm information and interaction with Clover.
A traceability portion which evaluates and stores the quality parameters of produce from farm to end consumer providing auditable data
A SCM software that can flexibly and robustly handle perishable goods transmitted in large quantities across multiple locations when both in transit and in warehouses until it reaches end customers.
While each of these are available in multiple domains - they are not off the shelf available for our use case. We are building the solutions from scratch and for a customer base that is not used to any technology in their day to day lives.
- Lead the General Trade sales strategy and operations for Clover - P&L owner
- This channel is a key strategic focus area for the organisation with key quantitative and qualitative goals set around them
- MBA with 5-6 year experience in a fast growth start-up
- Self-motivated; proactively take initiatives
- Food/Agri industry experience is mandatory
- Strategic thinker.
- Must be able to work with the management and drive the General Trade sales strategy
- Strong people management skills (GT can be an execution focused on the operations side; so the candidate must be able to handle field staff, monitor their productivity, performance etc)
- Data driven; must be able to work with the management on the overall scale, profitability potential and come up with a model for scale