Partner at Fynehand Consultant LLP
Views:586 Applications:137 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:46
Head - Risk Policy - Secured Loans (15-20 yrs)
Position: Head of Risk Policy - Secured
Department: Risk Management
Reports To: Chief Risk Officer
Purpose of the role:
- Head of Risk Policy for Secured Loans, will be responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing the risk management policies and strategies specifically related to secured loans.
- This role requires a deep understanding of risk assessment, credit policies, and compliance regulations in the context of secured lending.
- He/She will play a critical role in ensuring the organization's secured loan portfolio is effectively managed, with a focus on minimizing credit losses and maintaining compliance.
Policy Development: Develop, maintain, and update risk policies and guidelines related to secured loans, in alignment with the organization's risk tolerance and regulatory requirements.
Credit Risk Assessment: Lead the evaluation and analysis of credit risk associated with secured loans, including collateral valuation and risk modeling.
Compliance: Ensure all secured lending activities comply with relevant laws, regulations, and industry best practices.
Risk Monitoring: Establish and maintain effective risk monitoring systems to identify potential issues and trends in the secured loan portfolio.
Risk Mitigation: Develop and implement strategies to mitigate credit risk, including stress testing and scenario analysis.
Reporting: Prepare and present regular risk reports to senior management, highlighting key risk indicators and recommended actions.
Team Leadership: Manage and lead a team of policy specialists, providing guidance and support in achieving departmental goals.
Collaboration: Work closely with other departments, such as underwriting, collections, and legal, to ensure cohesive risk management practices throughout the secured lending process.
Continuous Improvement: Continuously assess and improve risk policies and processes to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of risk management.
- Master's degree in finance, risk management, or a related field
- Extensive experience in risk management, particularly in secured lending; 15-20 years of relevant experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of credit risk assessment, collateral valuation, and risk modeling.
- Familiarity with relevant regulations and compliance requirements for secured loans.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing successful risk policies.
- Risk management certifications (e.g., FRM, PRM) are a plus.