Talent Acquisition Role at Societas Services
Views:210 Applications:34 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Head - Risk Compliance/Management - Renewable Industry - CA (7-10 yrs)
Risk Compliance/ Management "Risk Head" (Chartered Account Qualified), -exp in Renewable must
ERM and BI Risk Head
Location: Hyderabad Preferred (Mumbai / Pune / Gurgaon)
Job Objective: Development and implementation of a robust risk management framework that aligns with industry best practice and appropriately capture enterprise-wise risks (including BI) the company faces.
Key Responsibilities (As stated and not limited to):
- Creating and maintaining policies, related risk management tools, developing training programs, and driving other risk management initiatives across the organization and its various projects
- Develop, implement, and oversee a robust risk management policy framework, strategy and program, with corporate governance and anti-corruption, at its core, to ensure company's commitment to ethical conduct, adherence to relevant local and international regulatory requirements and alignment with best practice
- Work closely with project management teams to ensure policies are meaningfully, consistently, and sustainably implemented and constantly improved upon in line with evolving best practice
- Oversee all training undertaken at all levels related to ethics, compliance, environment, health and safety, labor and other social aspects
- Develop reporting metrics, risk indicators, KPIs and other regular requirements for assets
- Work with company's internal audit to develop an audit plan for the company and assets that appropriately assesses the adequacy of internal controls, gaps and sets actionable road maps for identified risks
- Support in appointing/hiring suitable risk professionals within the assets, as required and report on the same to the relevant committees
- In collaboration with the Board and ED lead the creation and maintenance of a strong compliance risk management and compliance culture in the business
- Serve as key point of contact for the Board/Lenders/Shareholders on risk and Governance matters and deal with relevant reporting.
- Provide support, advice and guidance on compliance risk and governance-related issues to senior management
- Liaise with local stakeholders on risk issues as required
- Monitor compliance issues and report on the risk management program and any incidents/issues to the relevant board committees and Lenders/Shareholders, as needed, in collaboration with relevant departments
- Conduct periodic risk assessments of the company and its operations, and report the results of the assessments to the Board
- Provide risk assessment support for expansion opportunities to ensure that risk management is embedded into all decision-making
- Manage the investigation of risk issues/cases and report to management, the board and shareholders as appropriate
- Manage a whistleblower channel for both internal and external reports, in line with international best practice, with appropriate reporting and oversight to the board
- Maintain relevant records and registers, such as whistleblower cases, anti-bribery and corruption registers, gifts and conflict registers, procurement registers, and delegated and signing authorities
- Support in the implementation of value-add initiatives (e.g. process improvements, resources management, the development of communications tools to highlight the company's accomplishments, etc.)
- Formal education which corresponds to a completed University Degree (Bachelors).
- Formal education which corresponds to a completed Masters Degree would be an add-on.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in risk management, ethics and compliance domains, preferably in India
- Experience of developing and implementing risk management programs focused on ethics and compliance in the energy sector, preferably with reputed firms
- Experience in the renewable sector and strong knowledge of, and ability to provide guidance on RE sector ethics, compliance risks, including ABC and fraud and broad energy risks, working closely with relevant technical experts at the platform and asset-level
- Strong commitment to integrity, ethics and good governance and be able to demonstrate leadership and drive in promoting integrity and corporate governance standards
- Experience in managing a team and in complying with reporting requirements from investors will be an advantage
- Experience utilizing tech solutions to risk management in previous roles will be an advantage
- Computer literate (Word, Excel etc.) & good hand hold on documentation.
- Familiarity with FCPA, UKBA and PCA anti-bribery and corruption guidance specific to the renewable energy sector
Knowledge of languages:
- Excellent command of English, Hindi (read, write, and speak).
- Self-starter and motivated individual with a pro-active attitude, willing to get involved in all aspects of a new business with a clear mission
- Effective management skills, strong attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability to make well-reasoned, independent and transparent decisions within short timeframes
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build strong relationships and communicate clearly and effectively at different levels (both internally and externally)
- Capable of dealing with board, senior management, shareholders, staff and third parties with confidence, independence, authority and assurance
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential matters with tact and discretion
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.