Head - Research/Monitoring & Evaluation - NGO (8-14 yrs)
Merito is hiring for one of the fastest growing NGO's in India working for underprivileged youth in the urban sector. We are looking for an experienced researcher from the development sector who can lead the research projects and manage the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning team of the organization.
1. Setting up monitoring systems, data analysis and mixed methods research (quantitative and qualitative methodologies) to understand the nuances of program impact.
2. Design and oversee the impact evaluations and data collection strategies for outcome indicator reporting including but not limited to participant-based surveys, sampling strategies, questionnaires, analysis plans, statistical processing and analysis.
3. Promote collaboration and learning through initiatives to share, discuss and use monitoring data, document and disseminate lessons learned and evaluation findings, support program management to conduct program improvements informed by data.
4. Plan, manage, and implement all technical, fiscal and administrative components of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning. Framework.
5. Effective communication of research findings and impact to a variety of audiences.
What are we looking for :
- Ph.D. /Masters degree in statistics or economics with specialisation in statistical methods, or social sciences with training in qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Minimum 15 years of work experience in the social sector/ corporate sector in the area of research and MEL.
- At least seven years of relevant M&E experience (qualitative and quantitative experience) with positions of progressively greater responsibilities is required. Experience in social impact evaluation is a plus. The candidate must have experience leading an M&E team.
- Strong conceptual knowledge about theories of change, logic models, impact indicators, M&E plans, data quality assurance, mobile data collection and utilisation.
- Demonstrated management, leadership, decision making, and interpersonal skills.
- Full professional proficiency in English with excellent oral and written communications skills. (Knowledge of Hindi and Marathi will be an added advantage)
- Excellent skills in software solutions and platforms for data collection, storage, processing, analysis and visualisation.
- Willingness and ability to travel as required.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.