Principal Consultant at Astitva
Views:407 Applications:54 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:42
Head - Research & Development - Food Technology (10-15 yrs)
- Development of a Best in Class product development process and testing protocol for all development efforts within the business. Collaboration with Sales and Marketing peers to manage, and prioritize projects for key accounts.
- To improve by continuously optimizing current formulations through optimizing ingredients and by introducing new ingredients/technology.
- Develop and drive New Product Development (NPD) programs.
- To lead and facilitate the activities of Product Development in a particular segment to make new products and to deliver on time, at given cost and complying with regulatory guidelines
- To improve functional delivery by continuously optimizing current formulations through optimizing ingredient and by introducing new ingredients/technology, to proactively cater Market dynamics.
- Develop department budget based on project prioritization and resource leveling
- To keep updated about the global trends of technology, cost scenario, competition strategy and Intellectual innovations via literature search, supplier network etc.
- Performance evaluation of developed formulations by coordinating In-lab, parlour and panel assessments.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to employees. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies.
- Effectively interact with other departments & organizations (e.g. QA, Operations, Sales, Purchasing, Product Management, Marketing, Customers and Suppliers)
Skills and Qualifications
- B.Tech /M. Tech in Food Technology with at least 6 years of experience in R&D role.
- Conversant with the end to end life cycle of product design from concept to tech transfer
- Retort Technology experience
- Analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Good understanding on food regulations and quality management