Director at Emploi Globale Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
Views:830 Applications:44 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Head - Real Estate & Compliance (12-15 yrs)
Looking to hire a Head Real Estate and Compliance person, this role requires more of a strategy senior person to oversee group compliance (versus, for example, on-ground liaising)
Experience: Relevant experience will be someone with 12 to 15 years of experience managing permits and licensing/compliance for all India retail chains etc
Critical Experience: Must have knowledge of the current rules and regulations governing the setting up of premises for retailers etc
- To lead and direct the compliance function in order to ensure effective management of legal, contractual and compliance matters.
- Candidate will also head the real-estate legal function.
- This leader will frequently interact with executive leaders to establish key initiatives, conduct risk assessments, create policies and procedures, and monitor compliance activities across the organization
- Role is more of a strategy senior person to oversee group compliance (versus, for example, on-ground liaising)
- Facilitate company-wide compliance risk assessments to identify and prioritize lines of business that are at major risks. Establish auditing calendars to manage assessment requests and allocation of internal and/or external resources.
- Oversee the development of policies and procedures. Ensure they address compliance standards, are properly communicated to stakeholders and are incorporated into business operations.
- Establish reporting metrics to monitor the effectiveness of compliance activities. Identify discrepancies, investigate issues and provide solutions to ensure compliance standards are being met.
- Provide guidance and support to business partners regarding the interpretation and implementation of compliance policies and procedures.
- Prepare reports and presentations to share with executive leaders and Board of Directors to provide updates regarding compliance initiatives. Follow-up on items that need further review or re-prioritizing.
- Stay abreast of the latest compliance developments with respect to regulatory bodies and ensures compliance with laws, rules, and regulations.
- Develop guidelines to manage contracts effectively so as to minimize exposure to claims and litigation.
- To keep up to date with changes in the law and jurisprudence on the documents needed to sell, buy or lease property and laws impacting existing sites. 100% compliance under the lease and occupancy permits.
- To monitor lease administration - compliance of the lease terms for all sites.
- Drafting, vetting and execution of Transaction Documents within the timelines set by the Business Development Team.