Manager TA at Park Business Consultant
Views:170 Applications:33 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Head - Quality - Steel (17-19 yrs)
- Minimum 17 to 20 years of experience - preferably from stainless steel Industry.
- Exposure in Steel melting shop (SMS) and wire rod mill (WRM) is a must
- Bachelor in Metallurgy from an institute of repute.
- Candidate should have knowledge in Statistical Process Quality.
- Ability to handle multiple units - establish quality process across the organization.
- Hands on - in computers, ability to work SAP.
- Abreast with different grades of stainless making, chemistry & quality checks.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Role holder will lead, develop, ensure implementation of the QMS, processes and SOP in the existing and newly acquired Business Units.
- Establish quality and reliability standards by studying industry benchmarks and the requirements of customers
- Continuous review of the existing SOPs to ensure quality excellence
- Be the main customer-facing contact for the company with key customers in presenting the company's quality program and addressing issues raised in customer quality audits
- Evaluates production operations from a strategic level to ensure that they are capable of consistently producing products that meet quality, integrity, functionality, and other specifications and requirements.
- Collaborates with management and senior resources across production departments and roles to draft acceptable quality standards.
- Assist the SBUs to develop methodologies to prevent non-conformances, customer complaints, concession and rework and to develop corrective and preventative actions within required timeframe
- Actively develop tools to measure the cost of quality and assist SBUs in developing programs to reduce these costs including through the reduction of in-house scrap and waste, rejects and customer returns.
- Explore low-cost automation techniques to assess and monitor quality levels while reducing manual sampling/testing including automated vision and inspection systems
- Develop quality KPIs and improvement targets for the company and individual SBUs and report progress to senior management and the board
- Drive the necessary culture change to ensure that all parts and functions of the company are customer focused.
- Be the subject matter expert to assist SBU s develop a common quality tool-box including TQM, 5-Why, brainstorming, fish-boning, SPC, 6-sigma, DOE and other such quality improvement techniques
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal (Sales, Commercial, Opex, Plant Unit Heads) and external stakeholders.
- Recommend solutions without compromising quality or service while optimizing cost.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.