Senior Consultant at The First Meridian
Views:822 Applications:189 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:46
Head - Procurement - Agro Commodity Firm (18-30 yrs)
A multinational that started its operations in India more than 30 years ago, it is amongst one of the largest manufacturers of agriculture related goods, broiler farming and feed mills. It has a vast presence in India and listed under top 10 poultry companies in India.
They are currently looking to hire for Head Procurement role.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring the procurement strategy, policy and procedures for an addressable spend in the region for the product.
- Managing overall procurement operations across all states and ensuring adherence to applicable laws as well as continuous improvement in operating efficiencies and quality of the product.
- Maintaining knowledge of the commodity market, in addition to current prices and fair rates for goods
- Analyzing cost of procured product across locations and implementing strategies to minimize cost through timely tie-ups.
- Update procurement strategies based on changing market conditions.
- Process purchase orders; develops bids and proposals; and reconcile any invoice discrepancies.
- Establishing and managing future demand and capacity planning including the development to supplier risk management
- Working experience in seasonal pricing, pattern trends, process of risk & control, cost optimization and foreplaning of stocks