Consultant - Leadership Hiring at WK Associates LLP
Views:620 Applications:122 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:28
Head - Operations - Engineering Products/EPC (20-25 yrs)
Job Description of (Head of Operations) COO
Location- Peenya, Bangalore
A mid-size company making customized engineering products to EPC Contractors in the infrastructure space of Power and Water.
The turnover of the plant for which we are looking for a COO is INR 100 Crore.
The customers of Fouress are structured companies like L&T, ANDRITZ, RELIANCE, Toshiba, Thermax, to name a few.
The cycle time from order intake to dispatch is anywhere between 4 - 6 months.
The span of authority for the COO would be from the time Marketing hands over the order to operations. Therefore, contract management in addition to knowledge of manufacturing in pressure vessels, is critical.
a) Examining the contracts and contract management.
b) Ensuring the engineering designs are as per specification.
c) Planning in detail the material required in the manufacturing process.
d) Ensuring the manufacturability and the timely manufacture of the ordered products.
e) Ensuring the quality requirements of the customer.
- Coordinating entire gamut of manufacturing operations for the achievement of production and dispatch targets month on month.
- Collect dues from customers in full and on time.
- Maintain standards in product quality and deliver according to customer expectations.
- To control inventory of finished goods, captive materials and packing materials to meet production and shipment target smoothly.
- To plan controls outsourcing to meet the customer need data throughout and targets.
- To control incoming and outgoing transactions of captive materials and semi finished goods between plants and suppliers through ERP system.
- Monitoring and overseeing all shop floor activities.
- Educating supervisors/workmen for productivity improvement.
- Drive the business forward through successful implementation of new ideas and process wherever beneficial.
- Coordination with other department for various manufacturing related activities.
- Supervising the planning, production and maintenance & shutdown activities.
- Negotiate with suppliers to get the optimum prices and delivers for quality products.
Candidates are preferred to have worked in companies like, L&T, Thermax, in their initial years of experience, where the processes and systems are well embedded. Personnel from SCM of reputed EPC contractors who have an idea of Operations may also be adept for the job. However, we would prefer somebody who is having experience in mid size companies like Fouress who has dealt with their unique set of operational issues.
Experience: At least 25 years of experience in executing custom engineered products, preferably to EPC customers or end users in Oil & Gas, Power, Water and /or government agencies.
Salary: 20 lakhs + Performance incentive depending on experience.
Education: UG-Bachelors degree in engineering, preferably in mechanical or industrial
MBA or PGDM may be helpful
The ideal candidate will have
- High energy individual.
- Willing to get into details and spend the time required to finish the tasks.
- Result oriented person.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good at coordinating and managing multiple different departments.