Consultant at Upman Placement
Views:760 Applications:181 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
Head - Operations & Commercial - Steel Fabrication Plant (14-25 yrs)
Head Operations & Commercial -Steel Fabrication Plant
- Manage the overall steel fabrication operations at the factory by offering technical and commercial leadership to perform as a Profit Centre.
- Be responsible for the Balance Sheet of the Profit Centre including the preparation of operational &; development budgets.
- Business Development & Sales
- Prepare a long-term strategic plan and be responsible for achieving top and bottom lines as well as growth set by the management.
- Monitor and control costs as per the approved budget to achieve profitability targets.
- Capable of guiding the team in the preparation of offers/ quotations to clients, participation in the tenders, and following up on inquiries to convert them into work orders.
- Conduct market surveys and develop new lines of fabrication activities to exploit market opportunities, including regular meetings with potential clients and registration of the company with new clients.
- Acquire, motivate, and develop the team including recruitment of additional personnel and organizing mentoring and job-specific training in consultation with the HR department.
- Conduct periodical production review meetings and prepare MIS reports for executive management.
- Capable of identifying costs such as indirect, direct, fixed, variable, capital, etc to arrive at an actual unit cost of production.
- Standardize an appropriate organizational structure to enhance efficiency and develop roles and responsibilities for all employees.
- Able to guide the team of the workshop, production planning engineers, supervisors, and technicians in process improvement techniques and continuous improvement programs.
- Fully familiar with all types of advanced steel fabrication types of machinery.
- Familiar with computerized and user-friendly tracking systems and material management at the factory shop floor including material traceability systems and inventory management.
- Achieve monthly production targets and meet the delivery requirements of various project sites and establish productivity norms for various processes to monitor productivity.
- Propose improvement schemes for enhancing current production processes, controlling wastes,
minimizing reworks & defects, and maintaining high quality standards as demanded by the clients.
- Coordinate with QA & QC department in assessing the quality issues, conducting root-cause analysis and implement preventive and corrective actions.
- Well-versed with all major steel fabrication operations and develop further company's present capabilities.
- Familiar with all aspects of steel fabrication factory management including manpower & material planning, process optimization and adoption of industry best practices etc.
- Implement Safety Policies of the company and provide safety training for all employees at the factories to ensure all organization policies, rules and regulations are strictly followed and ensure all employees are working in a safe environment.
- 14+ years of experience in handling end to end operations including Sales/Business Development for Steel Fabrication Plant.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.