Senior Consultant at MavensWorld Training & Advisory Services Pvt. Ltd.
Views:616 Applications:79 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:37
Head - Network Management - Logistics Firm (12-20 yrs)
Head - Network Manager - Leading Logistic Firm - Gurgaon - FMCG/Auto/Logistics
Exp: 12 - 20 Years
Who Are We Looking For:
- We need leaders capable of breaking down and solving complex problems for the benefit of xxx B USD logistics market of India.
- Seeking a motivated candidate to identify, develop and integrate innovative solutions and programs that lead to improvements that redefine the standards for network operation in India's transportation network. Our client's LTL business encompasses of ~ 300 hub to hub lanes, 200+ branches, and 15+ major hubs. It operates ~ 3500+ trucks. It collates shipment from customers and moves them to the destination through its network for the benefit of customers.
- As a head of network operations, you will own design, plan, and execution of entire network (15+ Hubs, 200+ branches, 300+ Lanes and ~600+ trucks, 1500+ other size of trucks). You will be responsible for both strategic and execution planning. As a part of strategic planning, you will be responsible for analyzing network performance and suggesting reconfiguration opportunities to optimize cost and service level on a regular basis. As a part of the execution, you will plan a). hub to hub movement (NLH: national line haul), and b). regional movement. You will be sole PoC: point of contact to ensure the availability of trucks either through the Full Truck Load division of our client or market vehicle. You will also be responsible for LH vendor's performance management.
- On a regular basis, you will monitor placement of vehicle, transit time and delivery performance across the transportation network. As a part of the role, you will be identifying improvement opportunities and then take business improvement programs from inception to successful implementation. This involves but is not limited to building vendor relationships, addressing transportation network design, and developing innovative programs that drive improvements in our transportation processes.
Role responsibilities will include:
- Aligning transportation needs and network design across multiple programs and carriers. - Cooperating and influencing internal and external process stakeholders.
- Implementing of cross-functional process changes in a matrix organization.
- Articulating clear business and technical requirements to affect process changes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Logistics, Supply Chain other related fields. Master's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations Research, MBA or related field would be an added advantage.
- 4+ years of qualitative/quantitative data analysis related to Supply Chain, Operations, Transportation -Logistics or Inventory Management
- 6+ years of work experience managing cross-functional programs, including external and internal stakeholders
- Intermediate knowledge of basic data analysis tools such as Excel, Tableau, SQL
- 2+ years of work experience with Supply Chain Management concepts i.e. forecasting, planning, operations, optimization, and logistics
- 2+ years of work experience on writing documents, process improvement proposals, business requirements, business review docs and proof of concept
- A Go-Getter: You are a highly driven individual who goes that extra mile to build the human resources function for an organization.
- Analytical and Problem Solver: Thinker and problem solver
- Adaptable: You demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced and hyper-growth environment where the requirements are constantly changing.
- A Technology Geek: You are fanatical about technology and are always on the look-out of newer better ways of building solutions - that's how you- d build this team too!