Owner at Bridge Partners HR
Views:9344 Applications:102 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Head - National Risk Manager - Unsecured (5-16 yrs)
Job Context :
They are looking at people from digital finance companies like Neogrowth, LenkingKart etc who are involved in program based credit underwriting.
Key Aspects :
- To ensure institutionalize the approval process for BIL and PIL proposals and ensure its seamless adoption by engaging with the sales teams to receive adequate documentation/ information for review and analysis
- To work towards continuous improvement of credit approval process in order to meet dynamic business and regulatory needs
- To monitor key initiatives and MIS with the sales team and institute mechanisms for complete safety of financed amount and timely regularization of margin shortfall
Key Challenges :
The major challenges to this profile include :
- Data and information availability for exhaustive credit appraisals
- Ensuring faster TATs for approval process
- Ensuring timely and effective MIS reporting
- Coordinating in a seamless manner with multiple internal and external entities to enable effective underwriting that balances business risk and ambitions
- Proactive monitoring and identification of risks in a dynamic and fast paced business context and regularization of margin shortfalls.
Enabling Skill Sets & Qualifications :
- Critical skills required are strong analytical acumen, evaluation skills, detail orientation & decision making skills, strategic orientation and team management skills
- Education & experience required for this profile is a Chartered Accountant or an MBA with minimum 5 years of experience in the credit and risk functions of Banks / NBFCs, with exposure to credit approval authority in the previous role
Principal Accountabilities :
1) Credit Underwriting Management :
- Undertake analysis of the credit proposal based on predetermined criteria and analyze market information, current macroeconomic scenario, current portfolio concentration, etc
- Make decision proposals within delegated authority
- Review the proposals and recommend those proposals beyond the delegated authority to Credit Committee.
- Evaluate new credit proposals / review existing credit exposures with a view to bring out the industry, business, financial, management and facility structure risk.
- Highlight the other credit risks and mitigation actions to take decision / facilitate the approving authority to take decision on the credit proposal.
- Develop formats and norms for approval, ensure their ratification within the team and from approval authorities in the system and institutionalize the prescribed process
- Share the broad level analysis for not considering the given proposal with the sales team as a learning from future sourcing perspective
- Identify risks and suggest measures to mitigate risks to ensure work-ability of the loan proposals
- Liaise with the credit committee for closing the approval process
- Ensure prompt resolution/ explanation of queries raised by sanctioning authorities
- Recommend delegation authority to ZCMs to ensure faster TAT for parameterized proposals.
- Work closely with the collection and legal to take action against defaulting parties
2) Process Improvements :
- Provide inputs and suggest amendments for various lending norms like Risk Matrix, Interest Rate Policy, Credit Authorization Matrix, Risk Universe, Processes keeping the current regulatory and compliance environment in mind
- Undertake improvements in approval notes and other processes to meet dynamic market environment and needs of new customer segments
- Deploy effective processes and mechanisms to ensure high quality TATs for validating lending proposals & share the same with all concerned stakeholders
3) Portfolio Management :
- To monitor the unsecured business portfolio performance by continuous analysis of fundamentals, review of the ratings, analysis of the covenant and evaluation of the industry performance in that sector
- Devise analytical tools to measure the portfolio health from various angles and highlight - early warning- signals
- Review the covenant of loan proposals at frequent intervals and undertake action for serious deviations
- Review reports and analytics on repayment schedules, covenant monitoring, modification in terms and loan sanction, etc
- Protect from potential loss on the credit portfolio by detecting early warning signals of deteriorating risks and advising these to the Relationship Managers and Senior Management.
- Formulate strategies to reduce exposures where the credit risk has enhanced including complete recovery before the credit deteriorates to non-performing category
4) Cross Functional Coordination :
- Communicate the expected credit standards by engaging with the channel partners, sales teams and other distributors in understanding the proposals submitted and extracting the relevant supporting information
- Oversee communication cascades to the sales teams on the broad parameters for validating lending proposals, provide regular training to RMs for the same
- Ensure document execution from RMs and the files are up to date
- Conduct periodic review of client outstanding & regularization of margins to reduce NPA in co- ordination with the risk department and RMs
- Facilitate the audits for the unsecured business and ensure that all details in the BIL & PIL portfolio are completed to the satisfaction of the auditors. Also include the learning and recommendations from the audit into the credit / risk appraisal processes
- Hold regular reviews of the portfolio with the Risk Management Committee, CEO and Group CEO
5) Reporting, Review & MIS :
- Ensure MIS templates are designed to capture relevant data and key parameters, performance updates, interest reset changes etc are analysed and highlighted to all concerned
- Monitor the status of all important initiatives with the RMs and support them with closures
- Review and provide inputs for sales reports and budget variations
- Review the delegation of authority exercised by ZCMs
6) Team Management :
- Provide the team with best-in-class knowledge on selection norms, new ways of proposal analysis and concepts
- Ensure that the team stays abreast with all the latest developments in the unsecured lending space
- Nominate teams for product, behavioural & negotiation trainings and work on self development initiatives
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.