Managing Director at Corporate Search & Placements Pvt. Ltd.
Views:252 Applications:42 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
Head - Model Risk - Wholesale Banking (7-10 yrs)
Head - Model Risk - Wholesale Banking
We have been retained by our client, a reputed Private sector Bank to identify a Head Model Risk (Wholesale Banking) to be based at Mumbai.
Job Purpose :
- Support in developing, maintaining and implementing the Banks Model Risk Management program
- Design and Implement a strong Model Risk Management and governance framework
Key Responsibilities :
- Responsible for Development, validation and testing of Internal Rating Models
- Model Validation & Review of existing Value at Risk (VaR) models for products like Forex Forwards and Interest Rate Swaps
- Design and implement of risk mitigation strategies along with responsible for ensuring compliance of credit risk management policy
- Managing the process for developing risk policies and procedures
- Collaborate with model developers and communicate with key stakeholders across the institution
- Engage in design and implementation of the impairment model as per new IFRS 9 guideline
- Assist in creating standards for managing areas of including but not limited to the development and implementation, governance and certification, and model performance.
- Assess model risk, including model robustness analysis, identification of limitations, and their assessment
- Responsible for Monitoring and validating statistical Models
Desired Skills/Competencies :
- Strong communication skills both spoken as well as written
- Strong analytical approach to problem solving
- Should be detail conscious whilst maintaining strategic outlook.
- Excellent management skills.
- Good computing and programming (coding) skills and experience utilizing programming languages such as R or Python
- Familiarity with IFRS9 is a plus
Candidate Profile :
- Candidates should be Engineering Graduates with a MBA (Finance) or equivalent qualifications from a reputed University / Institution with 7 - 10 years of relevant experience in risk modelling, model validation or related fields in Banking Industry.
- Interested candidates meeting with the above requirements may please respond with a recent photograph and resume in word format.