Senior Associate Consultant at Exponent Consulting
Views:2105 Applications:520 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:149
Head - Mergers & Acquisition - Banking (8-10 yrs)
Job Description of Head of M&A
Head of M&A
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Head of Mergers & Acquisition at Steel and Power Company will be responsible for researching the market, and presenting findings and suggestions for merger and acquisition prospects for the business.
- Research & Prospecting: Will be responsible to collect data on other businesses- s, companies, firms etc., and become highly knowledgeable on the competitive landscape within the geographically assigned area of consideration. She/He would gather important information regarding risks and opportunities for impending and ongoing M&A activities, translating this information into fact-based and well-reasoned insights on the valuation and structural impact of the merger or acquisition.
- Will conduct and present research on new growth opportunities, external M&A activity and risks to company and prepare detailed reports and presentations describing the key attributes of growth opportunities and target acquisitions
- Analytics: The incumbent will play an analytical role where he is tasked with the formulation of financial reports based on shared private and public information, inclusive of the prospective business's company revenue, staff resources assessments, and general due diligence. She/He will initiate the tracking of key metrics and ensures that the data gathered is accurate and current after which she/he creates reports for Top Management for consideration.
- Will evaluate likely prospects for acquisition and compare key operating ratios to determine if the targeted company is performing to industry standards.
- Work collaboratively with functional heads to prepare and analyze financial models for potential acquisitions and growth opportunities
- Strategy: Will play a strategic role in leading, planning, and providing support for due diligence activities across all functional areas of any transaction inclusive of commercial, financial, products, operations, technology, sales and marketing.
- Will comply due diligence integration plans and supports market research required by the department, for example, competitive analyses, in order to enable informed decision-making for sensitive merger and acquisition transactions.
- Make recommendations regarding the impact of possible mergers, acquisitions and divestitures on the organization's profitability.
Position Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- 8-10 years of Mergers and Acquisitions related experience
- Prior experience in Investment Banking is preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- In-depth understanding of an acquisition process
- Demonstrated success working both independently and in highly collaborative environments
- Excellent presentation skills essential (including Board level)
- Exceptional analytical, strategic and critical thinking skills essential
- Deep experience and independent ability to prepare M&A financial models analyzing potential deal investments