Head - Manufacturing & Process Excellence - Jewellery Business (10-20 yrs)
A Day in the Life of theHead - Manufacturing
To be successful in this role, the incumbent must be able to build effective relationships and collaborate across functions to achieve key objectives, which include-
1. Developing, aligning, and integrating a manufacturing strategy and action plan in line with company strategic and financial direction along with all stakeholders/or functions, as needed.
2. Leveraging best practices from all previous experiences and current trends to accelerate the transformation of our manufacturing culture to global standards
3. Understanding and enabling the product development process, which includes integrating post-market manufacturing and process development strategies in addition to ensuring successful design transfers and product launches consistently
4. Having the thought process and knowledge/experience to take Manufacturingfrom a fulfillment function to a function that can give our business/s a competitive edge. (Through - real- cost/quality/delivery differentiation from the market)
5. Understanding the various product lines that our business/brands are involved in developing the right teams and processes to execute the manufacturing of each of these lines.
6. Continuous up-gradation/evolution of the human resources, processes and the tools/technology of our manufacturing team.
7. Creating a team and engaging all direct and indirect production support employees to meet production goals.
What kind of responsibilities will this role include?
1. Establish, plan and coordinate all activities related to manufacturing & process excellence.
2. Direct and oversee all post-market manufacturing engineering activities (line support and improvement projects).
3. Establish, plan, and control functional and investment budgets of the Production department.
4. Measure and publish the production Key Performance Indicators [KPI]'s for manufacturing, on a regular basis, and implement stretched measures corrective actions, accordingly.
5. Actively participate in the Management team & Site Evolution strategy.
6. Drive a mastery of production processes knowledge & management through organizational capability improvement strategies.
7. Evaluate workers- productivity and recommend improvements to increase manpower efficiency and versatility, on a regular basis.
8. Promote and improve the quality of the products by improving yields, eliminating escape, and improving manufacturing processes, continuously.
9. Manage all nonconforming, technical, and/or engineering issues through thematic process in collaboration with the Quality team.
10. Build a strong culture of compliance with adherence to quality system requirements in addition to corporate policies and training requirements.
11. Translate all business and technical requirements into a manufacturing improvement plan and update the strategy annually.
12. In partnership with process engineering and product development teams, seamlessly transition new products into production.
13. Ensure proactive engagement, representation, and support by Manufacturing for development Projects to ensure future products meet operational efficiency goals.
14. Develop effective communication and positive working relationships with other departments, thus ensuring team effort in determining priorities and achieving production goals.
15. Assign resources to address assigned Internal/External Audit activities ensuring that established timelines are met.
16. Effective People management of best in class manufacturing talent and provide leadership, coaching, retention, and career development.
17. Demonstrate leadership for problem resolution to facilitate a sense of urgency and ownership in improvements and working relationships.
18. Contribute as a key senior member of the Imaginarium leadership team
19. Provide information, guideline, and supervision to protect the health and safety(EHS Management System )of his/her employees.
20. Analyze current production procedures.
21. Identify inefficient manufacturing processes/ and identify problems and determine ways to increase output and decrease cost
22. Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
23. Research new machinery and technologies to give cost benefit analysis of current Vs New and suggest new machines/ technologies to the procurement dept.
24. Provide manufacturing decisions by calculating production, labor, material cost.
25. Review production schedules and analyze future requirements
26. Create plans to eliminate inefficiencies and implement best practices
27. Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; finished product testing and establishing standards.
28. To create process reports by collecting, analyzing information and trends
29. Create SOPs and production documents
30. Perform risk assessments
31. Perform process simulations
32. To manage cost and time constraints
What sort of qualifications & experience are we seeking?
1. Keen Interest in manufacturing as a subject
2. Bachelor's degree in engineering in Manufacturing or Industrial engineering
3. 10+ years of experience in advanced Manufacturing units working on Production floor
4. The ideal candidate needs to have a MBA or an equivalent executive business education, which is critical.
5. Project management experience.
6. Sensitivity quotient towards business-customer-people
7. Knowledge of complying with government regulations
8. Knowledge of Machines, equipment, instrumentations
9. Knowledge of best practices in bulk manufacturing industry
10. Technical report writing skills
11. Knowledge of post processing skills and best practices
Good to have:
1. Experience in the Jewellery Industry
2. Experience of working with a consulting firm as this might bring a good balance of technical and business skills, the ability to analyse and fix the Business/process
3. Experience in 3D modelling and simulation tools
4. Project management experience.
5. Resilience to keep going after the goal in spite of setbacks