Founder & Principal Associate at rFactor Consultants
Views:3859 Applications:67 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Head - Manufacturing - Bio Pharma (12-18 yrs)
The client is a Life Sciences company.
This position will report to the Director of Operations based in US) and be responsible for leading and developing the manufacturing team and influencing significant supply chain improvements. The manufacturing team's primary focus is to deliver high quality production on time and on budget. This position will be responsible for providing key intermediate bulk formations.
Essential Functions :
- Train and develop the manufacturing team. Define and establish clear objectives and expectations, provide direct feedback routinely for performance management.
- This position will be responsible for delivery high quality products on time and within budget.
- Responsible for ensuring a proactive safety environment at the site.
- Establish key performance indicators that drive change and visibility to the team and leadership. Track, trend, and monitor routinely with active data analysis rigor performed to drive results.
- Effectively uses prioritization mechanisms to utilize resources across teams to complete the work on-hand and/or rise to Leadership so that resource needs can be addressed.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining manufacturing budget; including spending, scrap, inventory, variances, etc. and reporting up through senior management.
- Documents SOP's and work instructions to capture and document processes and procedures.
- Serves as the cells and antibodies network operations product approval committee (PAC) member for new product introductions in the PCP process.
- Lead manufacturing representative in all customer facing site events, such as customer audits, technology sharing, quality audits and regulatory audits.
- Promote a working environment that encourages employee involvement to achieve operational excellence.
Nature and Scope :
- Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Ensures schedules and budget requirements are met.
- Erroneous decisions will result in critical delay(s) in large scrap and may jeopardize overall business activities.
- Regularly interacts with senior management or executive-levels on matters concerning several functional areas, platforms, and/or customers.
- Requires the ability to lead change and gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations.
- Experience in product development and manufacturing of consumable reagents and kits desired
- Practical application experience of Six Sigma and Lean. Green Belt / Black Belt Certification desired.
- Has contact with all levels of company employees as well as occasional interaction with vendors and customers.
Working Conditions :
- Works in an office environment. Will be required to work in operational areas such as manufacturing, QC, distribution, etc. An element of travel will be required to support other Life Technologies US and International sites.
- Graduation in Sciences.
- MBA is a certain plus.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.