Vice President - Human Capital at Matrix Partners India
Views:341 Applications:72 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:62
Head/Manager - Product Technology - Food Startup (1-8 yrs)
Matrix is partnering with one of our key portfolio company, Open Secret to hire a Tech Manager.
About Open Secret :
- Say hello to Open Secret - brand with a vision to create a world with less junk and more food. We are a team (HBS, IIT, IIM alums) of passionate marketers, strategists, working towards building one of the most iconic challenger brands in the snacking category.
- Launched our first line of products in October - Nutty Cookies, which target increasing consumer preferences for better-for-you snacks. With these initial products, we are targeting the sweet snacking category which has seen little to no innovation in recent years. We are reimagining the entire FMCG value chain starting from product to distribution. The goal is to become the most preferred snacking brand for families. We have been getting a great response from customers! Do also check out our Facebook, Instagram and Website for more details. Backed by prominent investors : Matrix, Vijay Shekhar Sharma (Founder, Paytm), Kunal Bahl (Co-Founder, Snapdeal), Rohit Bansal (Co-Founder, Snapdeal) and Vivek Gambhir (CEO, Godrej Consumer Products).
About the Technology Head Role :
We are looking for a user-research focused, data-driven Technology / product manager to manage the end to end technological interventions to expand customer base. The role would report to the CEO and work closely with all functional heads.
What will you be doing:
- Identifying opportunities and owning the product/ tech development to increase consumer base Strategise, build road-maps, execute and maintain products or services end to end.
What we are looking at:
- Humility and willingness to learn new things - A Lifelong Learner
- 2-5 years of experience in technology and product roles
- Should have had some coding experience in past.
- Should have capacity to own and build the D2C platform (e.g. Gamification)
- Build team as we move forward.
- Ownership Driven - Owns end to end development
- Team Player - Works well in a team. Collaborates with & outside the team.
- Strong Communication
- Proactive & Persistence - Acts without being told to and demonstrates the willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Develops emotional bonding for the product and does what is good for the product.
- Customer first mentality. Understands customers pain and works towards the solutions.
- Interest in food industry and a broad understanding of industry trends.
What we have to offer!
- Be the first few employees of a disruptive Food start up
- Work directly with the founders in shaping and executing the strategy/vision of the brand
- Be a part of the transformative journey of creating a household brand in India from scratch
- Define your own path and build your own team
- One hell of a "FUN RIDE"
About the founder :
Ahana Gautam is an experienced marketer with a passion to build and grow the biggest consumer brands in India. She has a B.Tech from IIT Bombay and an MBA from Harvard Business School. Started her career at P&G where she worked across multiple functions - supply chain, finance and marketing. Ahana grew her passion for food brands at General Mills in US where she launched natural and organic products.