Managing Director at Synerzie Partners
Views:3047 Applications:126 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
Head - Legal - Shared Services - LLB (15-18 yrs)
1. Serves as Legal Head in India and contributes to, and influences the decision-making through value-add legal solutions.
2. Acts as a strategic advisor adds value beyond legal matters and supporting growth of the organisation.
3. Determines legal strategy actively contributing to the overall legal strategy.
4. Delivers proactive strategic and operational legal business partnering for the requirements in India, including:
a. Legal contract management and advisory support whether routine or strategic to the organisation and all Domains including IT, Procurement, Product Lifecycle Services, Real Estate and Facility Services, HR Operations and Finance Reporting and Accounting located in India;
b. HR related legal advice, employment dispute, litigation and industrial tribunal advice for matters where necessary;
c. Any dispute, contentious matter and litigation risk requirements
d. Advising the local company on applicable contractual & statutory obligations;
e. Providing legal advice for HR-related matters and employment matters;
f. Oversee and provide training and advice to employees on legal risks and monitors and remediates legal risks;
g. Manage legal aspects of projects and drive them to conclusion;
h. Coordinate with other company lawyers globally and cross-divisionally as required to ensure timely rollout of services;
i. Advise on legal aspects of compliance policies, procedures, training and risk assessments; and
j. Any other matter where the review, approval and/or legal support is required.
5. Drives legal excellence and assess and manages legal risks in Hyderabad and for Domains and Functions in India balancing competing interests for enterprise value.
6. Leads, builds, manages and further develops a high-performing and diverse legal team in Hyderabad and provides direction and coaching to individual lawyers, paralegals and assistants.
7. Champions and role models integrity leadership with speak-up and transparency culture throughout the organization.
8. Manages the local site legal budget and manages external law firms or other legal service providers as and when necessary and in a cost-efficient manner within the available legal budget and always in adherence to Outside Counsel Policy.
9. Provide legal and compliance advice and support to meet and exceed overall stringent legal requirements.
Key Performance Indicators (Indicate how performance for this job will be measured)
1. Meet or exceed legal functional budget
2. Proactive and well-respected legal business partnering and strategic legal leadership
3. Integral member of the Board and working with the Site Head and Site management to set the appropriate tone from the top and tone in the middle
4. Ensures Legal function contributes actively to the overall financial, operational excellence, customer experience and service quality goals
5. Achieve overall legal strategy, project and deliverables goals as set each year
6. No critical legal audit findings within area of responsibility
7. Role model and maintain high standard of legal, compliance and integrity
8. Build, recruit, retain and develop a local highly performing team and deliver local talent people leadership and retention targets
9. Strong collaboration with country, regional and global legal organizations cross-divisionally
Job Dimensions :
Number of associates: 4-5 direct reports
Impact on the organization:
Designing and executing Legal strategy for large growing unit globally; managing considerable le-gal risks to meet significant enterprise regulatory requirements; building and managing a team of lawyers and support staff operationally.
- Critical quality, regulatory, reputation and impact on overall if operations do not meet legal requirements
- Failure to delivery to required standards may subject to potential regulatory and legal fines
Ideal Background (State the preferred education and experience level):
Education (minimum/desirable): Minimum: Bachelor of Laws and admission or eligibility for admission to local bar in India.
Languages: Fluent English (oral and written). :
1. Significant diversity, depth, breadth and strength of Legal experience (15 years+) gained through a mix of in-house or law firm experience. Preferably with 3+ years in a life sciences industry and with at least, exposure to the shared services industry.
2. Strong contractual negotiation, litigation and employment law experience, without over-reliance on external counsel.
3. Leadership, People management experience and demonstrated positive leadership, innovative and collaborative behaviors.
4. Ability to mentor, coach associates and to coordinate interactions with internal and external partners.
5. Strong understanding and experience in driving overall execution excellence in legal.
6. Proactive approach to building, implementing complex end to end legal services and solutions.
7. Ability to communicate and influence effectively across all levels of the organization and in a highly matrixed environment.
8. Strong business partnering, team coordination, organizational and project management skills.
9. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, together with a high ability to influence and negotiate in an effective way across all levels in the organization.
10. Significant change leadership and learning agility to deliver in a fast growth and changing environment.
11. Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
12. Ability to work under pressure, demonstrating initiative and flexibility through effective and innovative leadership.
13. Proven ability to deal positively and set priorities when working within tight time pressures and demanding clients.
14. Ability to operate effectively independently, as a team, in a country and in a global environment.
15. Attention to detail and quality focused.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.