Director at Thema Corporate Services LLP
Views:5099 Applications:72 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:48
Head - Legal - LLB/LLM - BFSI (14-20 yrs)
Job Description: Head Legal
Looking for experience in BFSI domain ( 4-5 years at least)
- Would head Legal function for the company.
- Drafting of contracts & legal documents
- Ensure that all the litigation is taken care of. Depending upon requirement has to get the responses drafted internally or by Associate Advocates & ensure proper appearance & argument in the court to defend the company. Based on need would appear him/herself in the court to defend the interest of the organization.
- Responsible for managing the entire Legal team & ensure training for them
- Provide required reports & inputs to senior management
- Deal with external agencies like Police, Law firms, Clients etc as per requirement to defend the organization
- Help legal recovery of outstanding
Key deliverables :
- Proper & on time defense of Legal cases by protecting interest of Organization before various courts, Tribunals, Arbitrators, Regulators, Law enforcement agencies & Statutory bodies
- Deftly manage police, Regulator, Clients, Law firms & other external agencies
- Recovery of outstanding
- Proper representation & Argument on behalf of the Organisation in Courts, Tribunals & Forums
- Regular update & MI for top management
- Grooming of the internal legal Team
Educational Qualification : LLB/LLM
Work Experience required :
- 14+ years of overall experience - a mix of Legal practice & working with Corporate
- Ideally from BFSI industry with prior experience in law practice
- BPO exposure would be an ideal fit
- Experience in managing Corporate laws, Mutual Fund laws & Capital Market Related Laws
- Experience in dealing with police, lawyers & other external agencies
- Proficiency in laying out contracts, MoUs with clients or vendors
Competencies/ Skills Required :
- Good Drafting, Negotiation and communication skills. Very good written & oral communication
- Good IT orientation to drive automation of reports
- Sound Business knowledge & Orientation
- Ability to work with clients; Must have good PR skills with openness to accept others views with flexibility & without being opinionated.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.