Executive at Ally-eXecutive
Views:6271 Applications:156 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:142
Head - Legal - IT Services (20-25 yrs)
Opening with IT Services company with offices in major cities of India and abroad.
Role : Legal Head (exp in M&A)
Reporting Manager : CFO
- Provide counsel on legal and compliance related matters to senior management
- Ensure highest standards of corporate governance in line with statutory requirements.
Corporate Governance :
- Frame policies and practices compliant with regulatory requirements
- Design action plans, internal controls and corporate disclosure policies in alignment with interests of all stakeholders
- Formulate equitable, just and ethical penalty measures for breaking corporate governance rules and regulations
Internal Controls :
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risks, develop corrective action plans and provide guidance on mitigation mechanisms
- Ensure compliance to Companies Act and other corporate laws
- Provide subject matter expertise in formulating and negotiating contracts with global/local vendors
- Liaise with all functions and departments to ensure identification of non-compliance and ensure appropriate course of action has been taken
- Leverage industry best practices to enforce rigorous internal controls from a legal perspective
- Ensure business objectives are met in line with firm's code of conduct
Relationship Management :
- Maintain good relationship with internal stakeholders like CXOs, Function / SBU Heads, Legal Firms and PR agencies
Additional Responsibility :
- Provide subject matter expertise and experience in handling litigations in matters of civil, criminal, IPR and employment laws etc.
Skills Set :
- Corporate and Commercial Law knowledge
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent people and negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of MS office
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.