Head - Legal - Consumer Durable (10-14 yrs)
1. Act as the company secretary executing all customary functions and duties associated with a public company in a proficient manner.
2. Support the legal function at Pan India level as well as the commercial contract management function on all matters.
3. Support the local team in all litigation and dispute resolution proceedings, including enabling the best mix of internal and external legal services to provide the highest quality legal advice.
4. Support the local and regional legal team in the development and implementation of legal, policy, regulatory and compliance, and litigation management frameworks to minimize and manage risks, ensure compliance and facilitate reporting requirements.
5. Autonomously review, negotiate and execute various contractual arrangements working collaboratively with various local, regional and global stakeholders.
6. Become a trusted advisor to various internal stakeholders.
7. Provide innovative, practical and contemporary legal advice and expertise to resolve significant and complex legal risks and issues.
8. Collaborate with regional and global teams in the development, implementation and improvement of processes and systems to increase the efficiency of the legal function to support all lines of business and enabling functions.
9. Contribute to strategic planning processes, to ensure that plans are informed by high quality legal, policy, regulatory and compliance advice to identify, minimize and manage legal risks.
10. Undertake research, analysis, interpretation and delivery of high quality strategic and operational legal, policy, regulatory and compliance advice and support services, and resolve complex and sometimes unchartered legal issues to enable the execution of policy, program and service delivery strategies.
11. Anticipate and keep informed of government direction and the implications for legislation and for company activities to develop and respond to legislation and generate innovative solutions to legal matters which lack precedence.
12. Provide support in various internal knowledge management initiatives, including maintenance and development of precedent document database and other presentations/training initiatives.
13. Regularly educate internal stakeholders of applicable laws and regulations and monitor compliance with such applicable laws and regulations.
14. Provide proactive legal advice to internal teams and build strategies in connection with the recovery of outstanding amounts from delinquent customers