Founder & MD at 3D India Staffing Research & Consultancy Co India
Views:1912 Applications:93 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Head - Legal/Compliance/Secretarial - General Insurance - LLB + CS (10-16 yrs)
Exp.10.0 - 16.0 Year(s)
Job Location: Mumbai
- The position would be independently in charge of Secretarial, Corporate Legal and Compliance Function, responsible to protect the company's reputation and compliance risk.
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and settling legal and transactional documents & agreements; Preparing Contracts / Agreements. Preparing Manuals / Policy Documents as may be required.
- Coordinate with outside Counsel in case any matters are referred to them. Managing Corporate Law, Secretarial, Corporate Governance & Compliance activities. Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations as well as adherence to internal group policies and procedures.
- Undertake research activities to provide inputs on legal matters.
- Develop effective relationship and engagement with internal stakeholders, international stakeholders, clients including international clients, business associates and other functional groups.
- Advising on corporate legal and compliance matters. Independent charge of the Secretarial, Corporate legal and Compliance function, responsible to protect the reputation and compliance risk.
- Responsible for complying with all the applicable provisions under the Companies Act, Insurance Act, IRDA rules and regulations, Prevention of Money Laundering Act, FEMA. Responsible to protect the interest of the company, stakeholders and directors by complying with the requirements of applicable statutes and monitor the compliance with guidelines applicable to the company
- Managing secretarial activities such as holding Board and Committee Meetings, preparing agenda and minutes, liasoning with sponsors, shareholders, directors, and regulators.
- Ensuring that the Company is on track with the responsibilites under Company Laws.
- Ensuring that the returns are filed within timelines and registers are maintained.
- Ensuring that the agreements are vetted thoroughly in the interest of the Company and response are given within agreed period.
- Coordinating with lawyers and counsels for notices, replies, petitions, etc. Keeping track of legal cases and coordinating for hearings.
- Managing relationship with Board including external directors and Chairman
- Managing the team
Critical Skills Required:
- Sound knowledge of Company Law, compliance and Secretarial Practice. Strong knowledge of IRDA rules & regulations
- Is the candidate working in an Insurance firm?
- Does the candidate has experience in General Insurance with good experience in compliance?
- Is the candidate an LLB + CS ?
Recommended keywords - Legal, Compliance
Target Companies- Insurance Company, Preferably General Insurance
About Co: A leading Indian General Insurance Firm
Working days - 5
Passport Requirement - Yes
Additional Comments: Preferably General Insurance with good experience in compliance.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.