Views:1841 Applications:161 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:135
Head - Legal & Compliance - LLB/LLM + CS - NBFC/FinTech (8-12 yrs)
Head-Legal & Compliance- NBFC/Fintech
As the Head-Legal and Compliance your responsibilities include the following :
1. Lead and direct the legal function in order to ensure effective management of legal, contractual and compliance issues, support to identify and mitigate legal related risks for Organizations operations.
2. As the Company Secretary, Co-ordinate with the Board of Directors, Top Management, Registrar and Transfer Agents(RTA), stock exchanges and shareholders. File documents with Registrar of Companies and ensure documentary requirements as per Companies Act
- Organize, prepare agendas, hold general meetings and record minutes as well as manage shareholder meetings and Statutory Books and Registrars. Be a linking factor to directors, shareholders, and regulatory authorities
3. Ensure adequate internal legal controls are applied to safeguard the business and resources of the company and ensure compliance with all internal and external reporting obligations.
4. Devise and implement legal standards, processes, systems, effective policies and procedures that ensure that legal risks are managed appropriately within the business.
5. Providing legal and related strategic advice regarding the actions and measures necessary to secure/facilitate compliance with the legal matters related to laws, rules & regulations.
6. Capitalize on any emerging opportunities for the benefit of the organization.
7. Handling all aspects of the corporate legal function which include implementing legal standards processes, systems, effective policies ensure legal compliance legal due diligence, drafting, vetting, negotiation and finalization.
8. Ensure legal compliance in the organization thereby facilitating good corporate governance and protecting Company's interest in litigation and documentation.
9. Develop and impart training programs for creating legal awareness among internal customers.
10. Work across all internal groups to instil core knowledge/competency on legal issues.
11. Responsible for appearing before various Courts (High Courts) / Tribunals / Environment. Clearance Commissions / Regulatory Authorities for resolving critical issues. Identify emerging regulatory and legal issues and developments and to make appropriate recommendations.
12. Coordinate and work closely with external counsels, wherever necessary, on legal advisory, intellectual property, arbitration, litigation/consumer matters and ensure efficient and effective handling of disputes.
13. Maintaining sustained contact with legal professionals & government officials for initiating / following up on legal procedures and finalizing various legal agreements / matters.
14. Responsible for advising management & conducting research on various matters involving diverse provisions of law and furnishing legal opinions.
15. Keep abreast of the latest legal, regulatory and case law developments affecting the business of digital payments space.
Desired Candidate Profile :
- LLB//LLM &CS with 7 to 10 years of experience in Legal and Compliance preferably in the digital payments ecosystem.
- Expertise in liaison work with various exchanges (RBI/UIDAI)
- Knowledge of company law
- Excellent communication skills
- Should be thorough with Legal documentation, local Laws, Drafting/vetting of agreements. Drafting/vetting of Power of Attorneys, Drafting/vetting of Bank guarantees & indemnities