Executive Search Specialist at HR Cornucopia Pvt Ltd.
Views:2156 Applications:96 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Head - Legal & Company Secretary - Manufacturing (12-16 yrs)
We are hiring for our reputed clients in the Engineering & Manufacturing Industry in Bangalore. Candidates with experience of working in Listed & multinational companies will be a good fit.
Education - CS + Law
- The main accountability of this position will be to manage all Company Secretarial matters for the Company
- Overseeing secretarial activities for the entities in India
- To provide a vital link between the company and its Board of Directors, shareholders, government and regulatory authorities and all other stakeholders.
- To ensure overall legal compliance of the applicable laws by the Company
- To work with, manage and supervise an external corporate secretarial services firm to build sustainable and efficient company secretarial system and practises
- To ensure that all relevant provisions of corporate law (especially Companies Act, FEMA, SEBI, ROC, etc.) are complied with, best practice corporate governance and related procedures are adopted and implemented and to provide legal advice and regular reporting on all such matters to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that there exists effective statutory compliance mechanism, which will encompass compliance with all the laws applicable to the Company.
- Play lead role in legal function in standardisation of agreement templates, vetting of agreements and managing legal cases.
- Ensuring compliance of Code of Conduct and Anti-bribery provisions including FCPA.
- Maintaining Real-estate records
Key Results / Responsibilities
- Compliance with all corporate laws including Companies Act, SEBI Act, rules and regulations particularly, Takeover regulations and Insider Trading Guidelines.
- Ability to independently handle Legal & secretarial function for the Company and any related/group entities in India
- Compliance with all SEBI guidelines and agreement with the Stock Exchange
- Responsibility for all Legal & secretarial functions including Board and General meetings, handling shareholder matters/litigation/communication etc., organize and prepare minutes, agenda, notices etc. of meetings, drafting reports, e-filing of documents, maintaining and updating all statutory books, registers, records, all filings of forms, returns, documents, interface with ROC, SEBI, Stock Exchanges, RBI, and other regulatory bodies, and ensure all related compliances.
- Responsible for ensuring best practice corporate governance and upholding highest standards of ethics, integrity and compliance.
- Drafting and vetting of Agreements
- To work closely with and Legal Counsel Asia and to keep him closely informed of key issues
- Providing support to various functions of the Company on Legal compliance matter.
- Implementation of Corporate policy
- Providing Training on the compliance of code of Conduct, FCPA and other Corporate policies as and when assigned.
- General Legal advice on business, commercial and legal issues
- Interface with internal and statutory auditors, cost auditors and other key external stakeholders in connection to the compliance of the Companies Act, 2013 and SEBI (LODR) Regulation, 2015
- Advice, guide, support and assist senior management of the Company in all legal & secretarial, Board and Shareholder matters and in dealing with regulators and external stakeholders.
- Support and provide guidance to the Board, Board Committees, independent directors on the Compliance of the Companies Act, 2013, SEBI Regulations and other applicable laws
- Maintenance of Statutory records including real estate records.
- Litigation Management
- Supporting Ethics and Compliance Department in the implementation of global policies relating to Ethics and compliance, Investigation etc.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.