Founder & Principal Associate at rFactor Consultants
Views:3995 Applications:206 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:43
Head - Learning & Development - Insurance (12-20 yrs)
Role : Head - Training & Development
Level : AVP/DVP
Responsible to set up the training function. Will develop and execute Capability Building programme that is in line with the overall corporate strategic goals across all businesses, Pan India.
This role will be responsible for adopting industry best practices, concepts and techniques for the training curriculum and making it the best-in-class training program.
Reports to : Head Human Resource
Business Opportunity :
The company is a US Joint Venture. The JV will underwrite and distribute, Domestic and Global Health Products, Supplemental Health & Accident Products and Group Health Solutions Business through traditional channels in India (3rd party agents, brokers, banc assurance), telemarketing, direct response TV, and the internet; directly and by leveraging Indian Partner's distribution assets and relationships with financial institutions.
Critical Tasks and Expected Contributions/Results :
- Design and execute the Training strategy for the Organization
- Create a culture of Learning and development in the Organization partnering with the Leadership and other stake holders
- Ensure robust Development Action Planning for the teams and execution of the same
- Focus on Functional and Behavioral skill development aligned to the Competency framework of the organisation
- Conducting Training Needs Analysis for the organization and define the capability gaps
- Translating the Need Analysis to interventions for employees at various levels
- Publishing and Managing the training calendar
- Creating curriculum / outline for interventions at various levels
- Creating the Instructional design for various interventions using relevant instructional tools like Simulations, Case Studies, etc for specific interventions
- Design and execute the Distribution Training Model
- Build Relationships with Training vendors and partner with them to ensure high quality programmes aligned to the training needs
- Providing instructional design guidance to the team and acting as the final reviewer for all content designed by the team members
- Conducting /delivering effective classroom training programs
- Effectively delivering training with the support of various learning technologies/ mediums
Leadership Development :
- Conceptualizing, designing and delivering Leadership development Programs at various levels in the organization
- Ensure Co's participation in the Global Leadership Development Programmes
- Drive the organizations Talent review process to arrive at action plans to bridge gaps and develop talent
- Design and manage a highly pervasive Career Framework that creates stickiness amongst staff
- Working with the HR Head and business heads on development of succession plans for key roles
- Working with the HR Head and Senior management on a need basis to design and deliver specific leadership and/or interventions / processes to address specific business needs
- Build Comprehensive interventions like Mentoring and Coaching programmes for Hi Potential team members
Position Requirements :
- Well-rounded Learning specialist with 10-14 years
- Preferably should have been exposed to both functional and Behavioural programmes
- Ability to influence people/ stakeholders.
- Broad business perspective required.
- Capacity to find alternatives and solutions as well as identify problems.
- Exceptional communication, relationship management and people leadership skills.
- Vendor Management
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.