Recruiter at Peoplemint Consultant LLP
Views:963 Applications:190 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:26
Head - IT Infrastructure & Operations - Bank (20-24 yrs)
IT Infrastructure $Operations - HEAD
Opening for IT Infrastructure $Operations-HEAD in a leading Bank for Kolkata Location.
- S/he will be responsible for strengthening the IT Infra related technology capabilities manifold, while at the same time staying abreast of new and potentially disruptive technologies that are surfacing, grasp both the dangers and the opportunities they pose for the Bank; and to help formulate and execute an appropriate bank-wide response.
- The ideal candidate for this role should have min 20 + years active experience IT Infra and Operations with an ability to think tactically and strategically to provide direction to different stakeholders.
- The candidate should have the ability to provide a decision support information in order for stakeholders (including executives) to make appropriate decisions.
- The head of IT Infrastructure is responsible for the implementation and operations of all technology infrastructures which includes data center, network and server services, telephony, service monitoring, user support/help desk, workstation management, servers, storage and related software.
- This position is operationally responsible for ensuring the availability, integrity, and security for all IT systems and infrastructure.
- Partnering with the Lead for Business Applications, this position will lead the Infrastructure and Operations teams with overall responsibility for technology infrastructure planning and deployment of technology for various projects.
Skills and Experience :
- Min 20+ years exp. in IT Operations and IT Infrastructure out of which last 8-10 years has to be in a leadership role in the IT Infra domain and overall 20-22 years of working experience in the BFSI segment.
- Should have experience of managing a 24/7 high-availability multi-site enterprise ERP environment, including application hosting, voice and data networks, security and information protection.
- Engineering Degree in IT or related discipline
- Good understanding of Server & desktop hardware/ operating systems, networks, firewalls and load balancers, telecoms, etc.
- A probing and analytical approach with the ability to pre-empt potential problems and identify inefficiencies
- A very strong customer orientated approach with a delivery bias
- Ability to prioritize and allocate resource/effort appropriately
- Experience of working with 3rd party service providers
- 20+ years' total experience, including 5+ years in a production Experience of leading overall infrastructure for a complex organization and network, including multicounty setup, VLAN setup for regulatory requirement, managing data protection, etc.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft stacks , Virtualization and Application Servers( administration)
- Good knowledge of Storage Area Network (SAN) and related technologies, Cisco-based network communications technology, High availability and disaster recovery architecture, communication and related technologies
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server , Active Directory (Design, Security and Administration) , Messaging (MS Exchange, Archiving, Unified Communications) - , Networking technologies and concepts, VMWare 5 / Hyper V , IT security and Data protection , Cloud and mobile technology ,Citrix and Citrix Metaframe.
- Hands-on technical depth enables direct oversight, problem-solving leadership and participation for complex infrastructure implementation, system upgrades and operational troubleshooting.
- Experience with comprehensive disaster recovery architecture and operations, including storage area network and redundant, highly-available server and network architectures.
- Exposure to ITIL concepts and adoption.
- Experience with regulatory compliance issues, as well best practices in application and network security. Gathering data about project and program progress, risk, issues and producing reports
- Capacity Planning & delivering training and mentoring project team members
- Resource planning and management.
- Senior stakeholder management
- Process review, optimization and benchmarking.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate across a broad spectrum of users -
- Ability to manage through organizational change.
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- The ability to articulate 'the big picture' and cut through technical complexity
- Identify and analyze opportunities and make tactical/strategic recommendations
- Financial services industry experience preferred (specially in Indian banks)
Education level :
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in engineering or equivalent. MBA would be added advantage.
- Technical Certifications in the Infrastructure domain.