Founder & Principal Associate at rFactor Consultants
Views:1821 Applications:96 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Head - IT Applications Governance Framework - Insurance (9-15 yrs)
Head IT Applications
Job Purpose/Objective :
Define and implement the IT Applications Governance Framework which help identifying and monitoring the various control activities. Manage a team of Application Managers, Business Analyst and Developers as per Business requirements.
Critical Tasks and Expected Contributions/Results :
- Team Management managing It Team for application developments
- Design, code and debugging applications
- Front end graphical user interface design
- Performance tuning, improvement, usability, automation
- Support, maintain and document software functionality
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
- Hands on experience in Java / J2EE application development
- Knowledge of SDLC, Object Oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD)
- Experience developing test cases with the JUnit framework
- Experience in database design/implementation
- Knowledge of Version Control systems such as TFS, Subversion (SVN)
- Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and diagnostic skills
- Implement centralized Change Management Processes
- Conduct team reviews for partners and Immediate reporting members
- Monitor and track compliance to the Information Security Management System as applicable.
- Track all application audit schedules and ensure closure of all audit gaps.
- Facilitate Internal Audits to provide the Risk and Impact Report
- Baseline systems and applications along with sign-offs.
- Build framework for compliance monitoring with internal security policies and applicable laws and regulations
- Build IT Governance structure and enhance maturity levels
- Ensure compliance to Business Regulatory and Information Security Policy.
- Co-ordinate for Implementation and Governance of Critical Control Activities
- Track and Measure Critical Success Factors and associated Key Performance Indicators
- Monitoring, Tracking and enhancing of Applications Operational Maturity Models
- Ensure effective adherence to department scorecard through dashboards, reviews, monitoring and tracking project performance
Professional Attributes & Competencies :
- Insurance Domain Knowledge
- Good collaboration and communication skills
- Passionate about solving problems, quality and learning new technologies
- Strong sense of team work, ownership, and accountability
- Strategic Thinking
- Financial Management
- Decision Making
- Excellent communication skills both verbal or written and ability to deal with people at all levels in a global matrix organization
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate risks and control processes
- Engineer / MBA Systems / MCA Degree or appropriate professional qualification
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.