Consultant at Nexus HR Consultants Pvt Ltd
Views:343 Applications:54 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:18
Head - International Banking (16-27 yrs)
Head of International Banking
Strategy/policy planning and implementation:
1. Develop creative and innovative strategies for international banking that are in line with the bank's overall strategy.
2. Keep abreast of local and global best practices in international banking operations and make recommendations to the MD on how these impact the unit.
3. Demonstrate ownership of and communicate the department's strategic direction and objectives to all staff.
4. Participate as member of senior management in formulating corporate strategies, policies, plans and budgets and in monitoring the Bank's performance to ensure that the corporate objectives and targets are achieved.
5. Prepare the International Banking departmental budget and work program and follow up its implementation upon approval.
International Banking operations:
6. Develop, implement and continuously review the Bank's international banking policies, procedures and guidelines to achieve the Bank's strategic objectives.
7. Ensure that CBK guidelines that relate to International banking operations are strictly and effectively applied.
8. Monitor foreign currency reports on a daily basis to establish funds positions.
9. Provide instructions to Treasury for funding of NOSTRO accounts.
10. Manage the reconciliations of the NOSTRO accounts.
11. Monitor domestic Foreign Currency (FCY) account with CBK on a daily basis.
12. Handle both internal and external correspondences including correspondences with foreign banks.
13. Manage relationships with correspondence banks, remittance service providers to facilitate remittance and settlement processes including developing terms of agreement/ Memorandums of Understanding and resolving any arising disputes
14. Liaise with CBK on forex/FCY reporting.
15. Monitor treasury entries to ensure FCY entries match with core banking system entries.
16. Prepare periodic management reports for management decision making.
17. Review and submit periodically CBK returns in line with CBK regulations.
18. Monitor the bank's P&L accounts for FCY dealings.
19. Review and confirm daily posted FCY transactions.
20. Manage the bank's correspondences with regard to remittances and trade services.
21. Direct the bank's trade finance operations including Local & Foreign Letters of Credit (LCs), Import and Export Bills, Import Bills under LCs, Export Bills under LCs, and Local & Foreign Discounted Bills and Cheques.
22. Prepare and submit the bank's quarterly Covenant reports to the Bank's creditors.
23. Review the FCY fixed deposits and FCY accounts.
24. Manage relationships with the Bank's international banking clients and ensure high levels of service delivery by the division in order to meet their needs.
Leadership and people management:
25. Identify, develop, deploy and retain talented staff including completing performance appraisals effectively and on time in accordance with the established performance management procedures.
26. Adhere to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with the Bank's and regulatory standards, policies and practices and ensure that all staff are familiar with them.
27. Develop accountability structures, oversee periodic reporting and monitor the performance indicators for International Banking department.
28. Perform other related duties as emanates from the post, as and when assigned by the MD
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.