Senior Manager at PARK Business Consultants
Views:431 Applications:128 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:30
Head - Internal Audit - Manufacturing - CA/CS (15-18 yrs)
JOB DESCRIPTION :
1. Lead Internal Audit's change initiative by implementing action plans related to risk assessment and annual planning, audit execution, audit reporting, staff recruiting and development, audit technology, and Audit Committee reporting.
2. Lead Internal Audit's annual risk assessment and enterprise risk assessment and planning process to develop the audit plan and ensure the plan is responsive to and aligned with the risk profile of the organization.
3. Oversee the execution of individual audits defined in the audit plan ensuring the highest level of service quality and satisfaction.
4. Issue all Internal Audit reports ensuring the reports are clear, concise, identify root causes with practical solutions, and ultimately provide value to management.
5. Meet regularly with the Audit Committee to report the status of Internal Audit's ongoing monitoring activities, educate/inform the committee of emerging risks and/or exposures (whether internal or external to the company) that should be considered, and serve as a - thought leader- with respect to risk management and internal control best practices.
6. Proactively inform Senior Management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention.
7. Update/develop process documentation to support management's assessment and Model Audit Rule compliance. Lead scoping efforts for management's assessment and create report on final assessment of internal controls over financial reporting for the fiscal year-end for management's review
8. Complete the Holding Company Risk Assessment for Organizational compliance. Assist Risk Management with the development of the Company's Own Risk Solvency Assessment (ORSA) report to the Top Management.
9. Perform Internal controls assessments of acquired companies or joint venture companies [in future] and lead efforts to mitigate identified control deficiencies;
10. Manage the process to track, follow-up, and ultimately close all open audit issues leveraging the Audit Committee, if necessary.
11. Actively participate in executive management meetings and/or committees to ensure that Internal Audit is well-informed of key business developments that could have an impact on audit priorities and/or plans.
12. Ensure that Internal Audit is performing its work in accordance with established professional standards and remain abreast of emerging trends and best practices that can be incorporated into the function.
13. Oversee Internal Audit's participation in critical business and technology initiatives and projects ensuring that audit's perspective is effectively voiced and appropriate controls are designed and implemented on a proactive basis.
14. Maintain audit technology platform leveraging support from the information systems group as needed.
15. Coordinate the activities of external auditors including how best to leverage the work performed and results produced from Internal Audit's work.
16. Serve as the key point person on all regulatory norms pertaining to Audit.
Knowledge and Skills :
A. Knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards [GAAS]
B. Knowledge of Accounting and Finance Principles and Practices
C. Knowledge of a variety of reporting procedures, regulations and law
D. Planning and Time Management
E. Effective Communication and Human Relations skills
F. Critical Thinking and Analysis, Tenacity & Ethics, Technology proficient [MS Office]
Mandatory Requirements :
I. Qualified CA and or CS with minimum 15 to 18 years of experience in Audit vertical
II. Should have headed the Audit function or been in Leadership role for minimum of 10 years
III. Should have worked in a midsized organization, preferably Manufacturing sector
IV. Willing to relocate to Surat