Managing Partner at Kairos Consulting India
Views:1859 Applications:60 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:52
Head - Internal Audit - CA - Microfinance Institution (10-15 yrs)
Our client is a leading Microfinance Institution with a strong presence in Eastern India. Headquartered in Kolkata, our client has already received multiple rounds of funding from leading developmental agencies and private equity institutions. Candidates who are keen on applying for the position are required to have a passion for the development sector. The detailed JD is provided herein below.
Education Qualification : Post qualification experience of 10-15 years is required. CA is preferable
- Develop an annual audit plan using input from the team and stakeholders to identify priorities and resource requirements for the year. Annual audit plan to cover all activities across regional & field offices too
- Conducting independent audit of all the states, functions of the organization and identify overall compliance related issues in terms of different process, policies & regulation framed by the management, board & regulators.
- Review and guide immediate direct reportees to prepare quarterly report for the line management so that true and fair picture can be highlighted in an efficient &effective manner
- Ensure publication of different reports (monthly branch audit report, quarterly management reports and audit grading to update the line management about the overall compliance related issues on time.
- Introducing and up gradation of audit grading tool on continuous basis so that overall position of the branch/section/departments can be assessed objectively in terms of process, policy designed by the management.
- Discuss different audit issues ongoing basis with the management as well as audit committee and facilitate to improve the overall internal control system of the organization through appropriate corrective measures
- Manage and oversee team performance through performance planning, coaching and performance appraisals.
- Hold direct reportees accountable for managing and developing their assignments to ensure the department's goals are achieved, provide on-going feedback to the team to ensure they develop the skills and competencies required for effective planning and individual professional and personal career growth
- Playing an important role in the core committee as well as in risk management committee meeting as a representative of the department and provide independent view as an auditor so that appropriate measures can be taken by the management / board.
- Branch Audit (audit planning, execution, publishing audit grading, supervision, guiding team members, review of audit report, discussion with line management, audit loop closure etc.)
- Head Office & RO Audit (audit planning, execution, publishing audit grading, supervision, guiding team members, review of audit report, discussion with line management, audit loop closure etc.)
- Team Management (Recruitment, day to day guidance, Self-development of team members, Team appraisal, provide inputs in workshops specially designed for indirect reportee etc.)
- Sharing quarterly management, audit committee as well as risk committee report and initiate discussion with top management and Audit & Risk Management committee, loop closure and guide top management and board to take requisite corrective measures
- Providing expert and independent opinion at core management committee meeting on the functions of other departments so that management may take appropriate decision
- Quality and effectiveness of audit report
- Improvement in control environment
- Strong Analysis skill
- Effective team management & development of the team
- Action/Corrective measures taken up by senior management
- Ability to convince/influence management/board's decision
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.