Head - Innovation - Agri (5-10 yrs)
1.Develop & approve new and reformulations for products based upon quality & customer requirements. Includes reviewing product performance, product sensory evaluation, researching product standards and attributes, determining product safety, and directing consumer testing and analysis by third parties if needed.
2.Develop, review & approve packaging & labels for new & reformulated products. Includes assuring technical accuracy, regulatory compliance, and internal requirements.
3. Act as the primary technical & regulatory resource for internal & external customers. Includes advising on potential product attributes for new product concepts, researching new regulations, manufacturing capabilities, legal compliance, and tracking food & non-food industry trends.
4. Create & manage product specifications. Includes requesting product specifications and other technical documentation from suppliers, creating internal specifications, and reviewing & approving any updates to current product specifications.
5. Manage internal & external suppliers, contractors & other outside resources. Includes directing requested product changes, evaluations, consumer testing, and analysis.
6. Conducts experiments in such problems as preventing bacterial increase in milk & milk products during handling and processing, improving pasteurization methods, and designing better packaging materials, dairy equipment, or supplies.
7. Transfer of technology by conducting product trials, facilitating training of QA / QC / Production personnel, trouble shooting and continuous up gradation of technology.
8. Work with production team to develop solutions to production issues whilst maintaining food safety.
9. Prepare product costing based on raw materials and manufacturing costs to ensure profitable products.
10. Selection/standardization of analytical techniques for studying microbiological and biotechnological parameters for dairy and food products.
11.Manage processing activities in compliance with FDA & FSSAI standard procedures.
12. Conduct and manage internal audits and supplier audits.
13.Coordinate launches of new products or running trials alongside / together with product development.