Senior Consultant at Randstad India Private Limited
Views:3948 Applications:307 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Head - Information Technology Services (10-18 yrs)
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all systems including development, testing, production and any other systems used for employees, partners, and customers.
- Ensure all LAN, Applications and electronic mail accesses are authorized in order to have secure and controlled accesses.
- Manage computer operation scheduling, back-up, and storage and retrieval functions.
- Schedule upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems.
- Develop and implement IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Ensure implementation and enforcement of information security procedures and systems to comply with applicable Rules and Acts.
- Assess adherence to controls and operational procedures through periodic reviews and audits. Ensure that gaps are highlighted and issues addressed and resolved.
- Manage the technology service desk operations: troubleshooting connectivity problems; installing & maintaining computers; adding/terminating user accounts; assigning rights and access; resetting passwords; establishing e-mail addresses; assessing and reporting operational status, etc.
- Work with the team in responding to network and server related problems which includes diagnosis, troubleshooting and prompt repair/restore of services.
- Identify and remedy server and network performance bottlenecks and provide guidance and corrective recommendations to team on the prevention of outage incidents.
Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements. Recommend solutions on technology infrastructure related areas.
- Monitor and measure performance as per SLA, co-ordinate resolution with 3rd party vendors where required.
- Evaluate vendors for maintenance and sourcing of Hardware and Systems / Networking software and negotiate contracts.
- Manage and develop the IT Services team including, training, evaluation, guidance, discipline.
- Communicate regularly with executive management and all users of information services and systems.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux and Windows servers, domain controllers, firewalls (hardware & software), data centers, networking and configuration, database, web and application servers.
- Experience with: LANS/WANS; Windows Server Environment; Virtual Desktop Interface, Citrix, Microsoft Exchange; network/workstation peripherals; print servers; firewalls, spam & antivirus hardware/software.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Excellent numerical ability and analytical skills.
- Effective communication skills. Work involves interacting with clients and partners located across the globe.
- Ability to manage and lead a distributed team.
- Adaptable with a high level of initiative and drive.
- Innovative approach to work, constantly looking for creative yet simple, practical solutions to problems.