Recruitment Consultant at Spring HR Services
Views:2518 Applications:47 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Head - Indirect Taxation - FMCG/Telecom (20-25 yrs)
Job Accountabilities :
1. Implement IDT laws (in particular Customs and GST) and their practical application in a host of business areas and;
2. Ensure flawless statutory compliances in a largely automated environment for multiple entities and registrations across the country at very high scale of operations;
3. Ensure smooth and demurrage free Customs operations without compromising the zero-defect standard of compliance;
4. Optimize and validate from time-to-time various IDT proposals ensuring that they are both tax compliant as well as tax-efficient;
5. Handle Departmental audits, enquiries and similar interventions;
6. Maintain healthy external relations in order to present the industry's or company's views on any IDT issue before tax authorities;
7. Comprehensive litigation management: providing substantive assistant in drafting of legal documents like reply to SCNs, appeals etc.;
8. Digital initiatives for maximizing automation of processes and control systems including coordinating developments in SAP / ASP systems for achieving a fully compliant and automated GST and Customs operations.
Skills Required (Knowledge and Skills) :
1. Carry a well-rounded personality in order to work in a large and well-diversified Group and adapt to and make a switch to other businesses with ease and confidence;
2. Strong knowledge of indirect taxes (both Customs and GST; additional knowledge of Trade Policy preferred) and their practical application in corporate entities with annual turnover.
3. In-depth understanding of the Telecom, digital and IT sectors and their tax complexities, past and present issues;
4. Computer/automation skills - Standard computer skills, preferably supplemented with knowledge of SAP, Fintech, Automation, and Tableau;
5. Communicate clearly and concisely (verbal and written) with vertical stakeholders in a timely manner.
Key Attributes (Experience and Qualifications):
1. A candidate with following experience and qualification is desirable;
Education Qualifications : Appropriate Graduate degree - Law, CA, Business Management, Engineering.
Relevant Experience Preferable :
- Over 20 years of experience of working as IRS in Indirect Tax department of the Government with appropriate exposure to Policy formulation and its practical implementation in relevant field positions or 25 years in the corporate sector of which 5-7 years of experience as head of indirect tax of a major corporate.