Senior Manager at KNR Management Consulting
Views:568 Applications:62 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Head - Human Resource - Education (15-20 yrs)
About : Our client is a leading Indian Group of companies also running schools in and around their manufacturing sites and townships. Currently, they are running ~15 schools in West India. The institutions are affiliated to local State Boards, providing education to ~15,000 children with 1000+ staff members across functions.
The Head of HR will play a pivotal role in streamlining and strengthening the HR functions of all the Foundation Schools, with a focus on putting in place policies, systems, and processes, and ensuring their effective implementation by working closely with the Leadership Team of each school, Site HR Team, the Foundation's HR & Leadership Team, in consultation with various departments and functionaries as required.
Specific Responsibilities :
A. Policies Systems & Processes :
1) Streamline and standardize HR systems, policies, and processes of the schools.
2) Put in place a system to ensure the effective implementation of the HR policies and processes and to periodically review and update them.
3) Define the roles and responsibilities of each position through a well-structured and lucid Job Description.
4) Develop a detailed Task List and Checklist for each position, amplifying the Job Description at a micro level, which would help the staff to carry out their tasks with clarity and would enable effective supervision.
5) Standardise the various HR formats, communication templates, questionnaires, survey documents, etc.
6) Initiate steps for automating various HR processes and put in place a robust HR Management System.
7) Ensure that the expectations of the affiliation boards and the regulatory requirements are factored while formulating and updating various policies and processes.
8) Institutionalise a system-centric culture in the schools to achieve operational efficiency and institutional continuity.
9) Support the publication of the staff handbook and other HR-related documents.
B. Manpower Planning and Recruitment :
10) Facilitate the preparation of organogram for schools and ensure their periodical review and revision, reflecting the schools' evolving requirements.
11) Ensure that the schools carry out their manpower planning, taking into account each school's staff requirements and adhering to the affiliating board's guidelines as well as best practices.
12) Ensure that schools comply with the qualifications and experience requirements for various staff positions.
13) Oversee and support the recruitment of various positions in the schools.
14) Ensure that the recruitment policies and strategies focus on attracting and retaining the best talent.
15) Anchor and support the process of sourcing and interviewing candidates, conducting salary negotiations, carrying out the confirmation processes for those who are on probation.
16) Explore campus recruitment for various positions.
C. On-boarding & Induction :
17) Make the on-boarding and induction programme effective so the new employees understand the school's systems, policies and processes from the very beginning.
18) Put in place an effective virtual onboarding system.
19) Provide opportunities and resources to new hires so they are able to appreciate and assimilate the organisational culture.
D. Training & Development :
20) Ensure that the schools have a system to identify professional development needs of teachers and staff on an ongoing basis, based on their periodic performance appraisal and other relevant inputs.
21) Ensure that the schools have a professional development policy and culture whereby all teachers and administrative staff are encouraged and required to update their knowledge and skills.
22) Ensure that the schools plan the PD programmes on topics that are relevant to the staff, covering both domain knowledge and soft skills.
23) Develop an annual PD calendar, covering the programme title, names of resource persons, the target audience and the time schedule.
24) Facilitate and support the efforts of the schools in conducting various workshops and PD sessions.
25) Ensure that the schools maintain the databank of resource persons for PD programmes, with their credentials and capabilities duly validated.
26) Ensure that there is a system of knowledge-sharing by teachers who have attended training programmes, especially those offered by other institutions.
27) Conceptualise training programmes in consultation with the schools and also establish interface with the Group's L&D team for making available to schools their programmes.
E. Compensation & Benefits :
28) Ensure that compensation is competitive and complies with regulatory requirements and the norms of each affiliating board.
29) Ensure that the staff are joining the various insurance schemes provided by the schools and the policies are serviced as per requirements.
30) Introduce appropriate rewards and recognition system for staff.
F. Statutory & Regulatory Compliances :
31) Ensure that all schools comply with all statutory, regulatory and affiliation board norms with respect to all HR policies and practices.
G. Grievance Management :
32) Ensure that schools attend to requests and grievances of teachers and staff as per regulatory requirements and best practices.
H. HR MIS and Review Process :
33) Review and strengthen the MIS system and dashboards related to HR functions.
34) Monitor the performance of the schools in various HR operations and extend them support through school visits and virtual interactions.
I. Performance Management :
35) Review and strengthen the appraisal system for all school staff and ensure its effective implementation.
36) Put in place the promotion and progression system as per regulatory requirements and best practices.
J. Best Practices in HR :
37) Ensure that the schools follow various best practices in HR as relevant to schools.
38) Review the schools' HR strategies, functions, activities and resources, and benchmark them with that of leading schools and work on strengthening them wherever required.
39) Keep abreast of the best practices in HR by associating with HR development organisations and share best practices with the schools through circulars and sessions.
40) Put in place a system to foster cultural transformation of the schools in line with the schools' vision and core values.
Educational qualification and experience :
- Postgraduate/MBA in HR Management (Degree/Diploma holders in HR with relevant experience may also be considered)
- 15+years of experience in various facets of HR
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Computer skills proficiency and exposure to HR Management System/ERP
- Experience of working in educational institutions and knowledge of CBSE and State Education Boards preferred
- Experience of handling IR matters and liaising with required authorities and experts on such areas, as well as the ability to manage related communications and documentation
- Exposure to regulatory and legal aspects concerning HR functions