Business Head at PAN India Recruiters
Views:294 Applications:60 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Head - Hot End Furnace Operations - Glass Manufacturing Industry (12-15 yrs)
Head - Hot End Furnace - Glass Manufacturing Industry
Job Summary :
Briefly summarize - Role and its scope
- Responsible for the overall Hot End Furnace Operations and Maintenance.
- Responsible for cost savings and efficiency improvement.
Duties And Responsibilities :
Primary Duties & Responsibilities :
- Create the annual production plan and O&M budgets for the blast furnace and obtain approval from higher up.
- Reviews the production plans and oversees their effective implementation
- Ensures effective coordination with the raw material procurement team and with the sinter plant for sinter availability
- Coordinates with PPC or SMS to determine the hot metal requirement
- Planning for the furnace operations (skip charging system, burden calculation, sequencing of BF stoves)
- Ensures the smooth functioning & optimization of blast furnace process by maintaining stable furnace movement and thermal regime, proper burdening, distribution and analysis of process parameters.
- Oversee performance level of vendors engaged in furnace.
- Planning and validation of spares and consumables usage on a monthly basis.
- Ensures effective implementation of the Quality Control Plans.
- Oversees preparation of the predictive, preventive and scheduled maintenance plans to ensure minimum down time and enhance equipment reliability. The incumbent also ensures the effective coordination with mechanical and electrical departments for maintenance activities.
- Plan, Coordinate, implement, monitor, review and control all capital expenditure projects and ensure completion within budgeted time and cost thereby meeting the targeted deliverables.
- Initiates and oversees the implementation of Process Improvement Plans to maximize productivity and reduce cost.
- Ensures regular preparation of MIS and Costing reports and suggest corrective action in order to optimize the cost (ownership of MIS).
- Ensures an ethical and professional work culture
- Ensures safe working conditions with zero incident or accident.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant/statutory provisions under the applicable Acts
- Coordinates with other department heads at the plant as well as at Head office to ensure smooth running of the plant.
Job Specifications :
Educational Qualification: B.Tech/B.E. - Mechanical/ Chemical/ Ceramic
Experience : 12 - 15 years experience on Furnace systems for large Glass / Ceramic Cos
Performance Measures :
- Meeting production target within defined quality parameters
- Zero accident
- Improvement in production cost/ton
- Improvement in vendor performance target
PAN India Recruiters
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.