Co-Founder & CEO at Leadership R Us India Pvt Ltd.
Views:344 Applications:51 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
Head - Fundraising - Philanthropy Sector (10-20 yrs)
Head - Fundraising for Philanthropy
About Our Client :
- One of the World's largest Arts & Culture museum is currently in the works at New Delhi, India. It is the manifestation of the passion of the Chairman for one of the world's largest Automobile company who wishes to promote Art & Culture by providing one million square feet of experiential space in the capital of the world's largest democracy. This first-of-its-kind museum is envisioned as an immersive environment that will facilitate collaborations between artists and visitors.
- The museum seeks to create discursive opportunities, promote the exchange of ideas, and inspire practitioners and visitors to access and engage with the arts on a more personal level. The museum will focus on education, research, multidisciplinary experiences, innovation and incubation. Touted to be one-of-its-kind, it will host multiple creative projects and expressions based on the principles of innovation, sustainability, accessibility, and inclusion.
Summary of Position:
- As Head of Philanthropy, you would be responsible for raising funds, brokering strategic partnerships with leading philanthropic organizations and trusts, and developing a steady revenue stream through impact-led programs that focus on bringing positive change in society through the medium of arts and culture.
- You would be working closely with programming and content-led teams to understand existing projects and develop bespoke initiatives that attract potential CSR funds from leading corporates and eminent philanthropists/ patrons. You should embody an entrepreneurial spirit and know how to make timely, effective, and ethical decisions.
Skills & Abilities:
- Good exposure to the fundraising function of the Philanthropy / Development Sector (impact-led programs)
- Significant experience in fundraising for a Not-for-Profit entity / Knowledge or experience of the Arts & cultural domain will be an added advantage
- A self-starter who crafts creative ideas in coherence with the vision and mission of the organization and opens doors to new philanthropic donor relationships.
- Strong Storytelling and Presentation skills.
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent ability to build and maintain relationships
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of a long-term strategy for achieving fundraising goals through philanthropic initiatives, partnerships, and impact-led programs.
- Conduct prospect research and initiate communication with the philanthropic arms and CSR division of leading corporates and foundations.
- Take ownership of fund utilization in the utmost compliant way, ensuring periodic reporting to the senior leadership, internal stakeholders, and the board.
- Help the donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and objectives through close monitoring and coordination of various projects of philanthropy and social impact.
- Providing periodic fund utilization report to donors/ patrons while ensuring active engagement.
- Work in close coordination with internal stakeholders to make compelling pitches, presentations, and impact-led reports to prospects.
- Identifying new prospective donors while maintaining long-term relationships, regular communication, and collaboration with existing donors
- Developing and managing systems/processes to track and monitor the progress of projects and optimal fund utilization at each stage.
- Help identify and onboard a well-qualified fund-raising team in the philanthropy vertical to assist with the activities.
- Planning and organizing various events and activities to engage with prospective donors as well as existing donors and patrons
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Good understanding of the philanthropy and development sector.
- Awareness of the regulatory and statutory requirements in the philanthropy sector.
- 10+ years of Fund-Raising Experience
- Demonstrable track record of strategic fundraising, charity, and cause-led fundraising, and organizing impact-led activities.
- Experience in overseeing and managing programs that involve collaborating with internal stakeholders as well as extensive engagement with the client.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.