Head - Finance - BFS/NGO - CA (8-15 yrs)
- The position of the Finance Head comes with the responsibility of leading our Finance and Accounts team and operations. Key expectations are to have a strong F&A background, high level of integrity and an interest to work for a social and community impact organization. The Finance Head will also be responsible for strategic financial management and reporting.
- This includes oversight of every day financial activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to management on future financial plans. We appreciate willingness to roll up one's sleeves from time to time when the occasion requires, consistent with what's required of senior roles in small social sector organizations.
The Head, Finance will have the following roles and responsibilities;
- Effective people management, mentoring to improve efficiencies and responsiveness
- Oversee day to day operations, set goals and objectives and design a framework for those to be met
- Maintain excellent communication and presentation skills, inculcating best practices and industry standards Strategic Financial Management and Reporting:
- Report and advise management, treasurer and governing body on all financial and compliance matters
- Undertake strategic financial analysis and assist with strategic, long-term business planning
Finance and Accounts:
- Manage finance budgets, controlling income, cash flow and expenditure, day- to- day accounting and MIS
- Develop and managing financial systems/models, use of tools and software as needed
- Review and prepare internal policies/manuals, reports, budgets, accounts and financial statements
- Statutory compliance, donor management/covenants, IT, GST, FCRA etc.
- Maintain documentation and keep records, adhere to standards, procedures and policies
Auditors and Donor Management:
- Carry out regular internal & statutory audits
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of program, donor and company finances
Risk Management/ Contracts/ Agreements:
- Carry out business modelling and risk assessments
- Support management in reviewing legal contracts/ agreements and advise on the same
- Support needs of the organisation in furthering of its goals/objectives through finance functions
- Build the overall image of the Finance function by creating a seamless understanding and collaborative working style to work with project teams, management and varied program/client needs.
Qualifications, Experience and Eligibility
- Experienced Chartered Accountant with minimum 8 years of relevant work experience with;
- Excellent stakeholder management, recent exposure in a leadership role of similar capacity
- Experience in company budget management, financial management for projects/programs
- Solid understanding of financial statistics, cash flow management and accounting principles
- Knowledge of MS office, financial tools and software, working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- Experience in internal and external audit management, income tax and other tax implications
- Awareness of market trends, understanding of the grants and their accounting standards shall be a plus
- Non-government and non-profit sector experience is an advantage