Head - External Relations - India & Middle East - FMCG (8-15 yrs)
Industry - FMCG / Foods / Beverage
Category - Sales & Marketing
Skills - External Relations, Public Affairs, Corporate Affairs, Internal Communication, Crisis Management, External Communication
Job Type - Permanent
Job Description - This role is responsible for leading the ER function to protect and grow the brand reputation and influence capabilities in India and Middle East. In line with this, the job holder is responsible for ensuring a cohesive regionally and globally aligned ER strategy is devised and executed with excellence. The role provides leadership within the business unit, partnering with operational and expert teams.
Our client is one of the leading Global FMCG players and a S&P 500 Component. They are a market leader within their product portfolio. With a solid share of business in the country and the region, they are now focused on having a robust External Communications & Public Affairs function. As a leading global FMCG player, this is crucial to their expansion plans for the market. They are looking to hire a Head of External Relations based out of Delhi NCR or Mumbai.
Reporting to the VP External Relations in Europe, you will be-
- Accountable for the development of the ER function within the cluster
- Represent company entities externally.
- Participate to relevant LT meetings providing strategic guidance to the business
- Inform commercial decision making by regular reporting, monitoring and analysis of the external environment
- Raise and protect company reputation and business interests through identification of key risks and issues, implementation of relevant public affairs/influencing strategies
- Develop and implement relevant external communication strategies that support business growth
- Lead the development and implementation of CSR strategies (including philanthropy) in accordance to the external stakes as well as the local business ambition.
- The person must be educated to degree level in Politic Sciences, Public Affairs, Lobbying, Corporate communication, or related discipline.
- 10 years+ of proven experience in a similar role, developing and executing communication strategies in the areas of public relations and public affairs with a strong emphasis on issues and crisis management is a must.
- Experience of working in an international, matrixed organization is highly desirable.
- The person must be an Indian native and be fluent in English.
- The role is split as 65-70% External Relations, 15-20% External Communications, 10% Crisis Management, 5-10% Internal Communication.
- Identifying any new regulations that can impact the company and communicating it to the functional owners is key.
- FMCG, Personal Care, Pharma & associated sectors are preference.
An opportunity to drive strategic portfolio for a leading Global FMCG company in a high visibility role.
Contact - Swapnil Khetan - +91 (0) 22 4236 3332
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.