Senior Resource Executive at UpMan Placement
Views:485 Applications:90 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Head - Environment & Sustainability (15-20 yrs)
The Environment and Social Manager(E&S) will be responsible for designing the scope, plan and implement environmental and social management system for the new factory coming up. The E&S Manager will translate the findings in an Environmental and Social Review Summary and will develop and discuss the Environmental and Social Management System (ESMS) to bring the project and/or the client's business in compliance with the IFC Performance Standards and mitigate E&S related risks.
The E&S Manager will execute:
- Execute due diligence assessments for the new upcoming factory and project and discuss with potential clients and trading companies sourcing and selling various commodities. Will address the recurrent issues which come in relation to E&S issues to include common issues which involves smallholder farmers. land grab, land rights, child labour, water management and rights, agrochemicals, biodiversity, deforestation, women empowerment and community impacts.
- Prepare Terms of Reference (ToR) for external consultants who will need to be hired for monitoring reviews - and manage the execution of the agreed work;
- Identify the potential of clients with regards to greener production, water savings and inclusiveness.
- Cooperate with internal stakeholders to streamline the E&S processes and corporate sustainability initiatives;
- Support company's other teams with relevant information on environmental and social aspects in our capacity development program to improve the performance of our clients.
- Design, Monitor Implementation of E&S Action Plan (ESMS)
- Design and develop an E&S Policy showing management commitment to regulatory compliance, alignment to WBG and IFC E&S standards, commitment to E&S performance and to the allocation of sufficient E&S resources
- E&S roles and responsibilities procedure including organograms, details of E&S resources and an E&S training program
- Develop Risk assessments procedure that will cover current and new activities (new ESIAs, workplace risk analysis)
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures for addressing key risks of the Project including but not limited to wastewater generation, air emissions, PPE, road safety, hazardous works, manual handling; handling and storage of hazardous substance (including agrochemicals), etc.
- E&S monitoring procedure including inspection checklist and E&S KPI dashboard (water and energy consumption, air emission, waste water, waste generation, OHS incidents, no of hours of training, no of EHS audits, etc.).
- Develop an external grievances mechanism supported by a grievance register
- Accident Reporting & Investigation procedure supported by an incident register. The procedure shall cover all the activities however a specific accident register will be maintained for each activity.
- A contractors and transport companies management procedure
- Security management plan including a code of conduct for security personnel.
- Carry out the CR&S activities like Health camps and Women self-help groups formation and strengthening.
- Manage a team on ground as the role and the division evolves.
- Carry out other responsibilities as given by the management from time to time.
- Master degree in either sustainability, social and/or environmental sciences or related field of E&S-expertise preferably with agribusiness; or Master degree in Agriculture with experience in environmental and social impacts of agriculture.
- Complete knowledge of international standards (e.g., IFC Performance Standards, OECD, ILO, Human Rights), certifications and E&S risk profiles in emerging markets (ISO 9001; ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001; SA 8000);
- Experience in West Africa would be an advantage
- Knowledge of supply chain certificates like UTZ, Rainforest Alliance, etc.
- Relevant experience in Food Processing industry (agricultural commodities preferred)