Vice President/Partner at Perfect Placer Management Consulting
Views:297 Applications:62 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
Head - EHS - Chemical Industry (12-20 yrs)
HEAD (EHS - Chemical Industry)
- The Head of EHS (site) is responsible for implementation of Environment, Health & Safety policies and standards at the site. The role also involves assisting and advising the management in the fulfilment of its obligations, statutory or otherwise concerning prevention of pollution and safe working environment.
- Ensure proper implementation of EHS policies and standards at site.
- Regularize discrepancies (if any) in the existing permissions and achieve TRUE legal compliant status.
- Maintain cordial relationships at GPCB local office, NCTL/ECPL, audit agencies and vigilance cell and visit the key officials regularly.
- Maintain cordial relations with NGO- s/ Industries/ Industries Associations/ Mutual Aid Group/ DPMC etc. to complement functions of people engaged in liaison function with Govt.
Operational & Financial:
- Monitor and maintain EHS operations at site.
- Act as the focal point for the organization for Customer's EHS interactions
- Monitor and implement ISO 14001/ OHSAS 18001/ RC accreditations compliance.
- Ensure submission of audit reports/ environment statements etc.
- Guide the team in the matters of process safety & risk analysis of complex chemicals.
- Provide support to project function in EHS infrastructure development in all the new projects.
- Integrate EHS function on SAP platform w.r.t waste generation, transfer, quality and quantities etc.
- Take initiatives on waste minimization / recycle/reuse.
- Prepare budgets (revenue and catal) for EHS Site and ensure adherence to budgets.
- Develop Ks to measure the performance of EHS teams at Site to ensure high productivity.
- Ensure achievement of cost saving initiatives to achieve targeted savings in time frame.
- Strive for awards & recognitions.
- Achieve set objectives of SR & FR
- Ensure emergency preparedness at the site and develop and implement on-site emergency plans.
- Ensure safety & high productivity at the workplace.
- Facilitate initiatives for training need identification and building requisite skills & competencies through systematic training & skill-upgradation initiatives for the team.
- Actively drive, in conjunction with the Senior Management Team, the performance management process of the team.
- Recognize & reward excellent performers & affirm key contributions of employees toward the achievement of goals & objectives of the team.
- Inspire & motivate employees through demonstrated commitment to 's values, vision & mission and active participation in various team engagement activities.
Qualification And Experience:
1. M. E./B. E. Environment/ Chemical with Diploma in Industrial Safety from Govt. Recognized Institute with overall 12+ years in Environment, Health and Safety department.
2. Ability to develop overall strategy of continuous improvement for Environmental Health and Safety Initiatives, Ability to lead the efforts of the Environmental Quality Action Team; a team responsible for the development of the strategy, policies, goals and objectives for 's various Environmental programs.
3. Provide technical expertise, strategic leadership, and support for all of 's various facilities, departments, (including all outsourcing agencies) on regulatory compliance issues in EHS.
4. Ability to understand potential safety and environmental hazards at Sites, take steps to reduce the use of problematic chemicals and to mitigate any potential safety and environmental health hazards.
5. Proven experience and competence of Process Safety & Risk Analysis of highly complex chemistry and highly instrumented process plants.
6. Ability to provide strategic leadership and guidance for the Environmental Affairs, Design for the Environment, and Safety Departments including people, data, and budgetary responsibilities and create one department with a common mission.
7. Ability to represent the company on various non-profit boards, government committees, and trade organizations as required to support Environmental and Safety strategies.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.