Senior Consultant at Ciel HR Services
Views:771 Applications:210 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:131
Head - Direct To Consumer Business - eCommerce (10-12 yrs)
Job Title: Head of Direct to Consumer
Reports to: Business Head - E-Commerce
- Work with the team, leveraging the CRM framework and KPIs as a channel to drive consumer engagement, customer satisfaction and consumer segmentation that lead to both equity building and direct to consumer purchase. This also includes a differentiated engagement strategy for operational CRM for E-Commerce that uses predictive cross-sell, trade-up and new product launches.
- Drive the development of social media tactics for direct selling in terms of channel strategy, retargeting and media. Set up and monitor KPIs that drive conversion to purchase on channels such as Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and others.
- Drive the development of the website and channels, digital content development for direct selling, developing enhanced and B+ content for products, measuring outcomes through KPIs on consumer engagement, and develop and execute an A/B testing framework to continuously improve content KPIs, either through in-house developers or agencies.
- Drive a multi-channel media tactics to drive consumer conversion to purchase on all direct selling platforms including E-Commerce marketplaces. This may involve the set up of a DMP as a tool to drive retargeting and digital lead generation. Media optimization (Cost Per Acquisition - CPA) and a deep understanding of the KPIs that drive reduced media spend and increased purchase conversion.
- Work with the team to evaluate 3rd party logistics companies in partnership with Company, and operate/run the operations to execute small parcel pick and pack and delivery of parcels through either local postal services or specialized parcel delivery services. Monitor shipment and delivery KPIs to meet customer service standards for E-Commerce, including operating cost optimization from time to time, which may include packaging simplification and streamlining operations.
- Work with the team to evaluate customer service providers (including Company-owned customer service) and operate and run E-Commerce customer support that manages product support, order inquiries, payment refunds and over-the-phone orders. Monitor customer service KPIs to meet in-bound as well as outbound call standards as expected for E-Commerce operations.
- Work with internal Company supply services to ensure that products available for sale are constantly in stock and pricing is consistently matched with external retailers. Ensure stock in 3rd party logistics/warehouses are within safety stock range and provide monthly forecast to Company demand planners to ensure constant supply of product, particularly high rotation items.
- Work with Finance on payment of service providers, month-end closing of store operations and inventory closing positions. Manage the store profit and loss statements monthly. Ensure timely reporting of sales, returns and fulfilment services.
- Additionally, the role requires effective communication and team skills, the ability to formulate clear recommendations on business challenges, issues and a drive to achieve within set timelines and objectives.
- Overall accountability for the sales, operational costs and profit of the India D2C business
- Overall accountability of the operations of the D2C business in India
- Collaborate with other areas within the business to help identify, assess and translate business opportunities and risks into direct to consumer engagement.
- Create and enhance current and future business processes to meet growing needs of business requirements.
- Drive the design and enhancement/modification of business systems through analysis, clarification and definition of user requirements.
- Provide ongoing project management for vendor projects including initiation/evaluation, design, development, training and roll out.
- Drive project activities with other appropriate team members within the business to develop effective team relationships.
- Partner with IS business improvement teams to aid in the creation of business solutions through application development.
- Create and maintain project documentation including policies and procedures, status reports, system design, process flows and project presentations.
- Actively seek to share and be open to best practices, new ideas, opportunities and issues.
- Conduct project meetings, training sessions to other activation markets (especially in relation to the roll out and implementation of applications)
Professional Qualifications/ Experience :
- MBA degree,
- Self-motivated, highly flexible and takes the initiative to do what's needed
- 10-12 years of E-Commerce direct to consumer or related business
- Knowledgeable about CPG E-Commerce and hands on experience in managing various aspects of direct to consumer
- Hands on experience being strategic and executional lead
- Ability to simplify and communicate complex topics
- Strong track record of contributing to the new business process and growing teams
- Strong track record of leading initiatives with positive business returns
- Experience working across a number of different industry verticals and categories (ie brand building versus direct response)
- Savvy and knowledgeable about current trends, innovations and best practices.
- Conceptual, strategic thinker with proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Experienced people manager with strong influencing skills.
- A commitment to excellence with a positive and resilient attitude.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working with senior management.
- Exceptionally strong communications and presentation skills
- Ability to handle ambiguity
- Solution & performance driven
- Ability to travel
Personal Attributes :
- Goal Oriented: Ability to track record of delivery, sets clear priorities and meets deadlines
- Natural leader: Positive, driven, has ability to influence, sets good examples, ambitious, determined and flexible
- Result oriented: entrepreneurial and self-motivating, good planning and organizational ability
- Strong commercial awareness with an international outlook
- High level of communication ability and presentation skills, energized and enthusiastic
- Analytical skills: ability to define problems, collect details data, analyses and interprets results and recommend changes and improvements, good financial skills and P&L understanding
- Ability to understand and work within the framework of the overall company strategy and relevant customer insights.
- Resilient, resourceful and able to perform under pressureJob Title: Head of Direct to Consumer