CEO at KayZen Group
Views:13967 Applications:375 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:55
Head - Digital Marketing - Startup (12-15 yrs)
We are currently assisting a niche Digital Marketing Startup associated with a well renowned and establish Marketing Company based in BLR since early 2000 for the position of Digital Marketing Head. Role will be based in Bengaluru and offers the incumbent a great opportunity to be part of an exciting & adventurous journey.
About This Job :
- If you have more money than brains, you should focus on outbound marketing. If you have more brains than money, you should focus on inbound marketing.- - Guy Kawasaki
The digital marketing head creates, develops and implements the digital (or online) elements of the marketing mix, integrates with offline (print, PR etc.) and also gets involved in strategic side of things like setting KPI's for the business. They work with other departments (sales, customer services, HR etc.) and manage a team of specialists (PPC, SEO, EDM etc.) to ensure the implementation of the marketing plan is coordinated, aligned and consistent with the sales objectives.
Marketing is always evolving. It's evolving fast. People's buying habits and behavior is changing. How people consume information is changing too. Who's analyzing how your customers are changing- It's the job of the marketing head to know what's going on and how things are changing. He or She plays a critical role in selecting, evaluating and choosing marketing technology providers to match the brand needs. So the job is part creative, part strategy and part technology.
Key Responsibilities :
The role is responsible for the strategy, execution, analysis, and on-going optimization of our online marketing programs for branding, awareness and the end goal to get users to transact through our online sites available to them. SEO, SEM, Social Media, Online Reputation Management, Content Marketing strategies et all sit under this role.
Key Accountabilities :
- Research and analyze the macro environment trends, consumer behaviors, internal business imperatives, industry scenarios to conceptualize digital marketing calendar and initiatives for all the brand partners.
- Drafting briefs and collaborating with internal creative team for requisite creative/collaterals etc.
- Lead the thinking for website content, eCommerce, tie-ups and community development, consumer research and marketing technology.
- Planning, implementing and executing online and offline customer acquisition campaigns to generate business growth via :
Content Marketing :
- You'll formulate the content strategy behind our new consumer blog, email programs and be responsible for taking it from concept to launch. You should be a wizard at figuring out what type of content will generate inbound links and you'll engage in the outreach that will lead to us receiving those links. Creativity and an understanding of stickiness on the web are a must.
Search Engine Marketing :
- You'll manage our PPC campaigns with an aim towards meeting sales, registrations, leads targets set for the brands, while bringing down CPA. You'll optimize by testing ad copies, bidding and keyword changes as well on-page A/B testing. You'll conduct keyword and market research to determine new PPC campaigns for us to run.
Search Engine Optimization :
- You'll develop a long-term SEO strategy to raise the organic rankings of important keywords and meet traffic and revenue goals. You'll define and implement our SEO best practices for on-page content, URL structures, backlinks, page titles, meta-data and anchor text. You'll utilize reporting tools to systematically track and improve natural search performance.
Public Relations & Social Media :
- You'll reach out to the media to generate positive buzz about the brand and our company. You'll maintain relationships with bloggers and journalists that we can call upon when necessary. You'll create and manage a strategy for high user engagement on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter while keeping the online reputation highly positive.
User Acquisition :
- Content Marketing, SEM, SEO, PR & Social Media all contribute to User Acquisition. But it's still worth separating User Acquisition into it's own responsibility because you'll constantly be asked to figure out what we can do to attract and keep new users.
Customer Lifetime Value :
- Develop digital marketing plans to increase engagement and stickiness with loyalty and referral programs that enable consumers to become passionate brand advocates, while also driving cross-category purchases and increasing lifetime value
Building a Team :
- As the head of online marketing, you'll hire to complete the marketing team. We're a young startup so this process will be gradual, but it will be one of the most important things you do over the time you work here
- Maintain a marketing repository (creative, collaterals, competition activities) for referencing and aiding strategic planning
- Creating and maintaining the marketing calendar in terms of timelines, budgets & targeted metrics across brands.
- Gain consumer insights and provide research information by customer connect programs (analytics, focus groups, interviews, calling etc.)
- Review new technologies and keep the company at the forefront of developments in Digital marketing
- Imagine the future with actual & simulated pitch presentations
About The Company :
To seed, grow & build a brand in the online space, is as much a challenge, as it is an opportunity. While stories of attempts to build an online store for a brand are exciting, in general, truly mind-blowing are the few runaway successes, executed by new and small teams, that have nearly re-defined business and branding. We believe we are at the beginnings of one such success story.
ROUTE16 is a young and upcoming start-up in the online commerce space, founded by experienced professionals from diverse backgrounds and great global exposure. We aim to build India's most result oriented full services e- commerce partner for brands to amplify their online business in a proven and cost effective manner. Our model is to partner with brands to sell their products/services online under their own brand and make it contribute significantly to the top-line sales on a completely managed basis. Route16 is thus in the business of increasing a brand's online business.