Partner at Talent Monitor
Views:335 Applications:56 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Head - Design - Startup (8-15 yrs)
A well funded (US $25m) startup is looking for an experienced Head of Design to lead and grow their team of world-class designers. They will be responsible for design deliverables, interfacing with the Product & Marketing teams, and be responsible for owning product and brand design across the company.
What you'll do:
1) Lead and direct the product and brand design teams
2) Drive product design strategy and nurture processes, systems, and technical expertise
3) Define a vision to establish and foster design culture and team morale
4) Champion and advocate for Design among senior leadership
5) Establish a deep understanding of our products
6) Lead a collaborative design process from concept exploration to implementation.
7) Be a brand custodian who keeps the highest bar on quality and delivery.
8) Help designers collaborate with their Product, Engineering, Research, Data, and Business counterparts.
9) Spearhead the translation of company and team objectives into actionable design initiatives and measurable OKRs with the help of other design leads and managers
10) Provide guidance and mentorship to peers and junior design staff, assisting them in the resolution of complex problems and growing their skills and knowledge.
11) Understand the business priorities and manage various projects at the same time.
12) Help elevate the startup's Design community, culture, and processes.
Skills you bring to the table:
1) 8+ years of Design experience.
2) Ability to articulate your thoughts at all stages of the design process.
3) A decent understanding of brand narratives, personalities, and visual identity
4) An excellent negotiator and communicator and able to build and maintain strong relationships with all relevant stakeholders. Able to convert complex projects into pieces that can be worked on by more junior designers.
In-depth knowledge of user experience along with solid experience in conceptualizing and implementing using various tools and technologies
5) Demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguity effectively and enjoys working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process
6) Track record of guiding teams and delivering innovative new solutions that reframe and reshape the user experience for end-to-end consumer mobile user journeys
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.