Community Manager at FameFlock
Views:963 Applications:219 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Head - Data Science - Startup (12-16 yrs)
Job Description :
As the Head of Data Science, you will be part of a fast-growing funded startup and get the opportunity to lead with complete ownership and autonomy.
- As the head of the Data Science Function in the company, you will be reporting to the founder and offer support to teams like product, sales and marketing through insights gained from analyzing company data. Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical leadership in the areas of machine learning and data sciences in building the various components of the semantics layer
- Responsible for driving the design and development lifecycle
- Responsible for the design-related and algorithmic innovations
- Work and coordinate with multiple stakeholders to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions, implement models and monitor outcomes
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques and develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- To be successful as the Head of Data Science, you should have:
- Experience in establishing/scaling up data science functions
- Proven ability to discover solutions hidden in large datasets and to drive business results with their data-based insights
- Willingness to work with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams
- Experience in working in VC backed start-ups, FinTech companies, internet/tech companies, retail companies and/or fundraising.
- Excellent in project management, team management and conflict management skills
- Good knowledge of database management and Hadoop/Spark, SQL, VBA.
- Model development experience in R, Python, SAS
- Strong and in-depth understanding of statistics
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in fast pace continuously evolving environment and ready to take up uphill challenges