Director at Hashtag HR
Views:1119 Applications:44 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:32
Head - Data Science - IT Firm (7-12 yrs)
The Data Science department will apply quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to guide and steer the team's efforts to convey key product trends and opportunities. Ultimately, you will lead (and grow) the team to develop machine-learning algorithms to personalize user experience, product recommendations, and churn intervention.
- Set the vision, create the roadmap, and maintain (and invest) in infrastructure-team-process.
- Set the culture and mission to attract the best team possible. Continuously refine the set of priorities for a team of Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and Analytics Managers.
- Oversee the development of the technology stack that will enable data exploration and analysis including data architecture, tagging, and operational processes, data taxonomy, and reporting.
- Work with all stakeholders (marketing, operations, merchandising, finance, product design, etc.) by gathering data from all business units, developing requirements, ascertaining priorities, and reporting progress.
- Build applications, both consumer-facing and internal, so that we can collect and analyze billions of real-time data points on our products, service, and customers - and instantaneously optimize customer experience or resource utilization.
- Manage reports, create dashboards, and visualize data to communicate the delivery of information to stakeholders.
- Ensure all the three phases of ETL (extract, transform, load) execute in parallel and are managed seamlessly.
- Consider important KPIs and measurements including latency, concurrency, access pattern, queries, data scope, end-users, and technologies employed.