Head - Data Science & Analytics - FinTech (12-16 yrs)
Head - Data Analytics - FinTech
About the Company :
- A US based Fin-Tech company is looking for a Data Science and Analytics Head with minimum 12 years of experience to conceptualize and build data sciences capabilities for the business (including enhancements and revisions of its products).
- This company is 12 years old, on a very fast growth path, well-funded, stable, profitable and already a unicorn. Company details will be shared with shortlisted candidates only.
About the Role : This is a functional leadership position spearheading Data Science and Analytics capabilities for company's market leading lending platform. The role reports into CRO and/or CTO as well as Head of Technology.
Target Profile : Data Science and Analytics expertise preferably in the domain of lending, banking, financial services, financial technology with minimum 12 years experience.
Location : The Head - Data Science and Analytics position will be based out of Delhi-NCR
Role Requirements :
- You will work with business, technology as well as Indian &/ global clients to conceptualize and build data science capabilities in our products and operations matching their exacting standards.
- The incumbent will play a key role in shaping an envisioned future of becoming a data-driven based decision-making organization.
- Set-up a state of the art, Data Science and Analytics function to support niche clientele across global markets
- Deliver high quality projects on time and as per defined budgets. Prioritize requirements, assign, guide, assess and ensure effective delivery across multiple projects.
- Collaborate across functions, business and geographies to provide advanced, cutting-edge data science and analytics modeling.
- Translate business questions, issues, hypothesis into analytical problems and build solutions using visualization techniques, machine learning, statistical modeling and ensure a robust, scalable solution is developed.
- Develop business score cards to enable better decision making for internal as well as external niche clients across global markets.
- Proficient in core elements of data science (regression, statistical analysis, machine learning/AI) along with sound business judgement to effectively bridge the gap between decision analytics and business needs.
- Well-honed capabilities in classical regression, statistical methods like factor analysis, Clustering and hypothesis testing, modern machine learning methods, e.g. CART
- Build and nurture a strong team of data scientists.
- Closely work with development team and other functions for rapid data product development and automation within global banks/ NBFC projects.
- Design and launch innovative and complex analytic models, utilizing a blend of contemporary and traditional data mining techniques applied to both structured and unstructured data sets.
Key Candidate Attributes :
- Graduation / Post Graduation in statistics /economics / engineering from premier colleges and universities preferred.
- 12 years of quality experience in the data analytics domain. Well-honed knowledge of VBA, R, SAAS, Python.
- Experience in Financial Services/ Fintech/ BFSI along with Credit Risk and Data Science will be a definite plus.
- People leadership experience to manage mid to large size team of data scientists.
- Experience with big data is a must. Hadoop, data product development on-prem or in cloud is again a definite plus.
Key Personal Attributes :
- Good team player, capable of working cross-functionally with software development, marketing, finance amongst other teams across geographies and time zones
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities.
- Ability to handle clients effectively.
- Exceptional ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and listening skills are essential.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with a broad set of constituents.
- Strong results orientation with demonstrated track record of success.
- A high degree of adaptability/flexibility.
- Must have ability to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer service and administrative skills required.
Travel Requirements : As per business requirements
Compensation : CTC will be commensurate with candidate's skills, experience and capabilities
Selection Process : Selection process will comprise of 2-3 rounds of discussions in a short span of time.
If yourself or anyone in your network is a close fit to the above stated requirements, they can share their interest/profile/resume for further consideration.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.