Senior Consultant at Symbiosis Management Consultants
Views:351 Applications:99 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:37
Head - Credit Risk - Unsecured Loans - Banking/Financial Services (15-20 yrs)
Job role : Head - Credit Risk Review
Job Purpose: The Head of Credit Risk will report to the CRO and will be responsible for the following:
- Managing the credit risk review function of the company relating to all types of lending undertaken by the company.
- Ensuring that all credit facilities and loans are designed as per the RBI regulations and company's credit and risk philosophy
- Review the overall adequacy and effectiveness of the credit risk management techniques and processes.
- Monitoring that Credit Risk Dept. adheres to policies and procedures presented in the Credit Policy Manual.
- Monitoring that credit facilities approved are permitted in compliance with the terms of sanction and with current Bank Credit Policy.
- Monitoring that existing credit lines are monitored to identify problematic accounts that require remedial action and that appropriate action is recommended to the Risk Management Committee
- Coordinating with external and RBI auditors reviewing credit facilities.
- Creating periodic analyses and reports regarding the performance of the loan portfolios and submitting to the CRO and the internal committees
- Creating internal Early Warning Signal framework for each of the loan portfolios and ensure reporting basis same
- Carry out detailed portfolio analytics and arrive at good/ bad segments and accordingly guide business strategy
- Engage with IT/ Digital Team in developing credit scoring models
- Help establish credit risk strategies for each of the key business lines of the company
- Engage with all business units, collections, credit teams, operations teams, etc and their respective vertical heads
- Establishing goals and objectives for his/ her direct reports in keeping with the company's risk management philosophy - Promoting / coordinating effective cross-training across business verticals and credit risk teams Qualifications/Experience :
- University degree in Banking / Finance/Mathematics/Statistics and / or Economics from a recognized university, pref. with MBA/CA or equivalent
- About 15-17 years of related experience of which minimum 10 years in credit risk management and leading positions in Banking or in a Financial Institution. -
- Experience in dealing with various retail asset products - Highly developed analytical skills
- Strong computer application skills particularly with M.S. Excel. And/ or other data tools
- High level of communication skills - High level of Team and stakeholder management skills