Founder & Principal Associate at rFactor Consultants
Views:2437 Applications:741 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:670
Head - Corporate HR - FMCG (10-18 yrs)
Head Corporate HR
The employer is a Leader Brand in FMCG based out of Mumbai with distribution across India and exports Globally.
- It is a private very profitable, fast expanding company with a Professional culture run by the 3rd and 4th generation young family members on board with a challenging work environment.
- The person will be responsible for managing end to end HR for a work force of 1000 people based in Corporate Office in Mumbai and regional and sales offices across India.
- The person will also be involved in Strategic Initiatives .
Indicative JD only :
Role Overview :
Reporting to Director of Business , the incumbent will be responsible for :
a. Human capital planning & strategy for various business groups
b. Providing talent acquisition and internal talent management expertise
Key Responsibilities :
- Human Capital Planning and Strategy : The successful candidate will partner with various business groups to build the Talent & HR strategy that most effectively complements business strategy.
- Drive organization resource plans, talent reviews, succession plans, high potential individual development plans and performance management for assigned business units.
- Ensure a good balance between individual business unit requirements and across the board HR strategy.
- Facilitate annual and mid-year talent review plans in conjunction with business plans building a line of sight to future talent needs and ensuring a robust follow up mechanism to fulfil the same.
- Implement a methodology for identifying and tracking critical roles and individuals ensuring adequate organization focus on such roles and individuals.
- Drive succession plans with internal and external talent pools.
- Design and deliver innovative communication, engagement & recognition processes.
- Identify and facilitate people and organization effectiveness interventions that improve organization dynamics.
- Drive Hi Po, individual and organization development plans working closely with the business, and the L&D team.
- Provide relevant HR expertise and experience to effectively coach / counsel managers and employees. Anticipate & address issues proactively.
- Minimize critical attrition losses by establishing proactive process, relationships and - early warning systems.
- Own and interpret HR policy for the organization and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Develop and up skill junior resources on the team providing appropriate leadership, counsel, guidance and training customized to individual needs.
- Position the HR function as credible, value adding and a capable business partner.
Organization Culture :
- Co-own the agenda to develop a greater creative culture in the organization.
Recruitment & Selection :
- Closely coordinate with business unit hiring managers to ensure clearly articulated role details. Position the role appropriately with recruitment partners and candidates.
- Develop hiring approach to source relevant talent for each open position. Leverage consultants and all available sources effectively.
- Efficiently and effectively fill open positions. Negotiate for a "win-win" proposition.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting
- Aside from the above core responsibility, the incumbent will be expected to support other aspects of Company's people philosophy and contribute to relevant strategic initiatives of the HR function with a goal to make Company the best place to work.
- He/ She must be a team player and play an effective HR leadership role.
Educational & Experience Required :
- Post Grad in Human Resources from a reputed B School.
- 10-15 years of solid HR experience and exposure to robust HR processes.
- A combination of MNC and Indian experience preferred.
- Should have demonstrated creativity and innovation in prior roles.
Key Personal Attributes :
Skills & Abilities :
- The successful candidate must be bright, quick, articulate and a team player who also possesses ability to manage family members involved in business decisions.
- Ability to establish quality relationships, a strong communication link and credibility with the business through the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and mutual respect. Must have a demonstrated track record of building functional credibility with business teams.
- Data and metrics driven individual with a passion for results and excellence.
- Ability to prioritize and cope with competing demands. Must possess a sense of urgency and excellent execution and project management skills.
- Ability to see the big picture, visualize the future and develop relevant functional strategies which value add to our business. Must be challenged by ambiguity.
- Strategic thinker balanced with a grasp of details. Must possess the ability to switch between execution and strategy mode most effortlessly.
- Must be able to get the job done by working collaboratively with others.
- Inquisitive and analytical mind; capacity for out-of-the-box thinking; bring a creative perspective to business problems applying functional expertise, business understanding and common sense.
- Ability to stay connected with external market with a view to bring best practices into the company