Head - Consumer Credit Risk - BFSI (15-18 yrs)
Position Title: Head Consumer Credit Risk- India
Department: Risk Management Group
Rank: Senior Vice President
Reports To: The position reports to the Country Head of Risk and functionally to Singapore Consumer Credit Risk chain
Job Purpose :
- The job holder is responsible for ensuring overall quality of the Consumer Credit portfolio including approval of Target market, managing credit underwriting, policy, early problem identification of the portfolio including early warning, fraud control process and monitoring portfolio.
- The job holder will also be responsible to play a leadership role in ensuring a digital thrust in all the consumer credit initiatives in line with the Bank's Consumer Banking Strategy.
1) To drive the Consumer Banking Risk strategy for India and deliver on the India vision for Consumer Banking growth including Digital projects around Unsecured Lending.
2) Partner with the BU to grow the business, and help in building a scalable, consistent and quality portfolio.
3) To use credit analysis techniques, which highlight all significant risks in relation to a lending proposition, for evaluation and recommendation of the proposals. Ensure proactive account management process by using tools embedded in the Early Warning and watch listing framework and ensure account strategies are implemented.
4) Cultivate & maintain a consistent consumer credit culture in the Bank to achieve best-in-class standards
5) Review annually the Credit programs/ approaches, target market and all processes.
6) To have a sound knowledge of the Indian market in terms of risks associated with the consumer Banking products.
7) To apply knowledge of RBI Regulations/ MAS (Monetary Authority of Singapore) guidelines that are relevant to govern consumer credit business.
8) Present portfolio reviews periodically with Local and Regional Senior Risk Management to highlight trends and implement action.
9) Managing/leading a team of Credit /policy/portfolio managers spread across locations
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Drive the preparation & implementation of product programs
2. Ensure entire risk architecture - Target market, underwriting, early warning, portfolio management & remedial is implemented in a robust manner
3. Engage business partners in regular asset quality reviews with provision of analytics insights to identify risks/ opportunities and recommend relevant actions
4. Drive continuous improvements in analytics capabilities and enhancements in the use of risk models & analytics tools
5. Ensure meticulous compliance with Bank's internal credit policy as well as regulatory guidelines.
6. Ensure proper guidance / mentoring to the team in managing and developing them to take on higher responsibilities.
- 15 -16 years of experience in Banking (preferably Consumer Banking or credit department) / Credit Rating with at least 4-5 years of experience in a Leadership/team management role.
- Incumbent should have exposure in leading digital/analytics based solutions
Education/Preferred Qualifications :
- Professional qualification, graduate or post graduate degree, preferably in business, accountancy, economics, finance etc. along with sound domain knowledge of Consumer Banking segment and market.
Core Competencies (State the qualities, skills, behaviours and attitudes that the incumbent must possess in order to perform the responsibilities of this position.)
1) Good analytical skills
2) Good communication skills
3) Good presentation skills
4) Good interpersonal skills
5) Good knowledge of industries/sectors
Technical Competencies (List the technical knowledge and skills required for this position.)
1) Good knowledge of credit evaluation methods, tools & techniques, particularly related to Consumer Banking
2) Sound understanding of regulatory guidelines on credit issued by RBI (local regulations in India), MAS and local laws and regulations that impact businesses in general.
3) Knowledge of various banking products and risks associated with them
4) Digital mindset that helps Digitize processes to improve productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Work Relationship (State the essential working relationships with superiors, peers and subordinates as well as external parties which will contribute directly to the successful accomplishment of this job.)
- Good working relationship with Consumer Banking Relationship/Product team, Group Audit, RBI auditors, regulators and other external agencies.
- Mentoring Risk team to build capability for scaling up, improve processes and develop talent and leaders within team to take over key roles in the organization.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.