Founder & Principal Consultant at Transform HR Group
Views:5700 Applications:300 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:298
Head - Commodity Sourcing - FMCG (8-15 yrs)
- Tracking regular Commodities movement and make buying strategy
- Understanding all Key parameters and Geo-political scenario to optimize buying
- Understanding of key commodities like : Oil/Flours/Pulses/Rice
- Conduct supplier negotiations for buying of ingredients and complete Master Purchase Agreement (MPA) process with suppliers
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationship with suppliers to continuously improve performance and service level.
- Track cost savings, supplier performance, PO other KPIs of ingredients procurement.
- Monitor commodity market trend and develop procurement operation budget periodically and maintain standard prices accurately.
- Work closely with Factory Managers, QA, Product Supply, Innovation, Procurement Operations to ensure continuity of supply and new product development.
- Lead new supplier site qualification projects thru collaboration with Supplier Management and QA team.
- Identify and implement cost improvement (VLC) projects;
- Liaises with key company employees to determine their product and service needs
- Work out the procurement plan based on the sales forecast & BOM. Commodity price tracking & facilitate buying decision.
- Monitors business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Leading contract negotiations, driving cost savings initiatives, and implementing strategic sourcing best practices and ensuring that the company receives best in class pricing.
- Nurtures relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for the company
- Responsible for developing and maintaining high-level contact with key suppliers. Develop supplier scorecards and conduct quarterly business reviews. Maintain, evaluate, and expand reliable suppliers to effectively achieve cost, availability, and strong supplier management relationships.
- Identifies and researches potential new suppliers
- Researches new products and services to meet the company's goals
- Assesses the total costs of company purchases
- Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels
Experience & Skills :
- Proven experience in a similar management role, preferably within a food manufacturing environment
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
- Contract management and supplier experience
- Project management experience
- Knowledge and technical understanding of automotive processes and components and supply chain management
- Proven management skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers
- Strong and confident negotiator with the ability to negotiate at all levels
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.